Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Misha Widebody Cayenne 957 Turbo S Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 05:50 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Took the Cayenne to the local Cars & Coffee this morning and received quite a few complements on it, then played tag with a Shelby Raptor on the way home, which wasn't much of a contest, but that's a nice truck.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:48 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Tied up a few loose ends with the car over the weekend -
1. The washer fluid bottle was leaking where the pump presses into the rubber grommet. Removed the pump and glued it in with a light application of RTV, let it cure overnight while being held in tight with a rubber band wrapped around, refilled today and no drips.

2. Pulled a front caliper and rotor and took the new measurements for the PCCB upgrade with the milled front 958 caliper mounting posts. Now I'll send the dimensions off to Epytec in Germany where they'll make me a plastic version to use for a test fit, and based on that will make any adjustments and then fabricate the metal ones.

The Velcro strip creates clearance between the rotor and caliper for rotation and was selected for thickness so the outer perimeter of the pads run just inside the outer circumference of the rotor (rotor is wrapped in blue tape Velcro strip is the white)

3. Looked into why the Fog light section of the 958 front lights I installed and wired via an SPDT relay to function as DRLs whenever the engine is on weren't working. Jiggled the wiring plug and they came on, jiggled again and they shut off. Turns out one of the multi-wire connectors I installed was bad internally. Cut that one out and replaced it - good to go now.

​​​​​​DRLs on

Headlights, foglights, and DRLs on

4. ​​​​​​Had what seemed like some excessive steering wheel play. Checked the steering shaft universal joint and found the bolt that clamps it onto the steering shaft wasn't as tight as I'd like. Tightened it down and major improvement. While investigating that I also discovered that someone must have replaced an O2 sensor and had the wire wrapped around the steering shaft - WTF so unplugged it, unwrapped it and plugged it back in.

Last edited by Petza914; 07-30-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:27 AM
Aerial View showing off her hourglass shape, while getting a bath

Old 09-05-2018, 11:33 AM
Adidas_23 is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet!

Old 09-09-2018, 10:58 PM
The 3D Printed model of the PCCB caliper adapter bracket arrived on Friday so this weekend I took the brakes apart again to do a test fit of the model. Although they were really close, I discovered 2 small adjustments that needed to be made for them to fit properly.

1. The curve on the bottom side of the adapter that goes around the wheel carrier needs to have the clearance
increased. The thickness of this portion on the adapter as received was 25.87mm and interferes with the ridge on the wheel carrier

I reshaped the curved area to be a width of 24mm and it then cleared the ridge. The curve will be reshaped for the
entire length with a radius that will result in a 23.5mm to 24mm thickness directly in the center as shown in the
photos. My finger is pointing to the ridge on the wheel carrier and you can see how part of the adapter material was
removed.

Once the curvature clearance was increased, the M16 Axial Mounting Bolt hole Spacing was verified as correct

The second modification that’s needed is to increase the standoff distance from the center of the axial mounting
holes to the mounting surface where the caliper mates to the adapter. The adapter was made with a dimension
of 26mm and this needs to be increased by 1mm to 27mm. This will provide just a bit more clearance between
the circumference of the PCCB rotor and the yellow caliper housing, and move the pad position out to just inside
the circumference of the rotor (they’re about 2mm inside currently and the rotor to caliper clearance is very
close).

This is the dimension that needs to be increased by 1mm

which will then bring the pads out 1mm closer to the outer circumference of the rotor

Though the stock mounting bolts are too long now, you can see that the spacing of the holes in the adapter that will accept them is correct. I ordered new mounting bolts with the adapters and based on the measurements I took

Hole depth in the adapter is currently about 17.93 mm
Distance through the Caliper is 93.05mm
Bolt length from the underside of OEM bolt head to the end is 134.86mm
Bolt is 30mm too long when bottomed in mounting hole (without being torqued)

Meaning the new M14 x 1.5 mounting bolts need to be exactly 93mm + 18mm – 5mm (tightening space) = 106mm from the underside of
the bolt head to the end of the bolt. This will allow 13mm of thread engagement into the adapter, plus the distance that tightening the bolt to the proper
torque will add, but prevent it from bottoming out in the adapter. I'm also considering using a Stainless or Titanium stud kit similar to those offered by Rennline, but they don't offer an M14 version, only an M12, so looking at Porsche wheel stud kits instead.

Once the steel adapters arrive in a month or so, I'll have them powdercoated to match the yellow PCCB calipers and install everything, including the braided stainless brake lines and switch the car over to Motul RBF600 like all my other cars run.

End result will look like this.

Rotor is perfectly centered in the caliper

That's it for now :cheers:

Old 09-16-2018, 04:49 PM
Poor Cayenne. We needed to run up the mountain today to do a little birthday shopping for my daughter at some boutiques. We were having some steady rain and some wind from the residual hurricane (Florence) and decided to take the Cayenne over the pickup due to its better stability control, less sway in the curves since my daughter gets car sick, and so we could keep the purchases dry. There was pretty steady rain and a bunch of leaves and debris on the road. The Cayenne and the Aturro tires worked perfectly.

I felt bad so hosed off the debris before putting her back in the garage.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:05 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
You really ended up with a great looking ride!!

Old 10-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by jdubbya
You really ended up with a great looking ride!!
Thanks very much. It drives as good as it looks and I'm very pleased with the outcome, hoping to keep it for many years to come. The last major piece of the puzzle is the PCCB brakes. The adapters should ship from Germany by mid-October, so I'm hoping to have them installed prior to Thanksgiving with all the other weekend commitments currently on the schedule.

I have a couple other little project I want to do on it like the paddle shift steering wheel and the Mishimoto catch can, but that's about it - then just keeping up with the maintenance and enjoying it.

BTW, your post in my thread was your 914eenth - another model number near and dear to me as it was my first Porsche back in 1984 and what started this insanity that is now my life and obsession.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:16 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
We'll I'll be. Although posting this response ruins the number. Numbers are funny. I used to own a 308. My office is on the 3rd floor of my building in, you guessed it, room #308.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:41 PM
malahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to behold
Did you do anything about coolant pipes while the car was apart (somewhat apart) ?

Old 10-04-2018, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by malahhaor
Did you do anything about coolant pipes while the car was apart (somewhat apart) ?
I didn't. When I had the car at the dealer, they told me that my coolant T on the rear of the engine is the threaded in type, not the glued in type. The dealer said the Turbo S has a threaded fitting. ​​​​​​ I didn't believe them so had them give me this in writing in case it ever comes loose.

Also, the 957 doesn't have the same plastic coolant pipe issue as the 955, even though there is still one plastic pipe under the intake manifold, but since the intake manifold wasn't off, I didn't change it while the bumper, intercoolers, and hood were off. The car only has 32,000 miles and might see 5k-7k per year, so figured I was good for a while.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:38 PM
malahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Petza914
I didn't. When I had the car at the dealer, they told me that my coolant T on the rear of the engine is the threaded in type, not the glued in type. The dealer said the Turbo S has a threaded fitting. ​​​​​​ I didn't believe them so had them give me this in writing in case it ever comes loose.

Also, the 957 doesn't have the same plastic coolant pipe issue as the 955, even though there is still one plastic pipe under the intake manifold, but since the intake manifold wasn't off, I didn't change it while the bumper, intercoolers, and hood were off. The car only has 32,000 miles and might see 5k-7k per year, so figured I was good for a while.
good to know. thanks!

Old 11-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Drove it up to the mountains in TN this past weekend - what a blast on the curvy mountain roads.

Last edited by Petza914; 11-08-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:24 PM
deaddana is on a distinguished road
Petza914, your car is gorgeous. love the color , the wheels and the body kit.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by deaddana
Petza914, your car is gorgeous. love the color , the wheels and the body kit.
Thanks very much !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Misha Widebody Cayenne 957 Turbo S Project