Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

door lock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 08:32 AM
Alx5 is on a distinguished road
door lock

I have 04 CTT and have been experiencing weird thing with the car. When the weather is hot the passenger door driver side won't lock whether I use the key or the key fob. I know it b/c the locking mechanism will not make sound and I try to open the door. It will open and the alarm goes off. When the weather is cold it will lock.
I did try to use WD 40 spray into the door lock but it still does not work. Have anyone experienced this? Thanks guys.
BTW, I did search the forum but did not see any links or info about this issue.

ALX5

Old 03-16-2017, 03:00 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
You might try posting this in the 955/957 section of this forum - since the problem isn't really a turbo issue - and more people will see it there who may have some experience with the problem. You can always report your own post (RED exclamation mark, upper right corner) and ask the moderators to move it there.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:41 PM
Alx5 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for suggestion.
ALX5

Old 04-02-2017, 01:48 PM
dpatel710 is an unknown quantity at this point
Both rear doors of my 955 CTT played up. One would not lock, similar to your situation, and the other was intermittent. Replaced both locking mechanisms with units from an 06. It has been fine since.

Not too bad following the factory instructions. The only inconvenient part was having to drill out the rivets holding in the plastic door lock mechanism and putting in new rivets. First door took a few hours because I went slow. Second door was about an hour.

If you want more info, search for the Touareg door locks failing. Goes into more detail about microswitches and bad solder joints.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.