Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Passenger Side mirror motor making noise but not turning glass

Old 04-01-2017, 06:52 AM
bambar is an unknown quantity at this point
Passenger Side mirror motor making noise but not turning glass

Hey Guys,

I've got a 2004 Cayenne Turbo, and my driver side mirror works when I adjust it using the electric control.

However, when I switch the control over to the passenger-side mirror, it seems to make a 'turning noise' whenever I try to move it in any direction, but that does not move the actual glass mirror i.e. I cannot adjust my view angle.

I also noticed when I try to press the mirror down manually using my hand to face a lower angle, it is as if the mirror is restricted - won't push down.

Any idea what that can be? I am thinking of buying a replacement motor, since the fuse/connection don't seem to be a problem (i.e. motor makes noise ).

Old 04-01-2017, 07:47 AM
Sybco is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bambar
Hey Guys,

I've got a 2004 Cayenne Turbo, and my driver side mirror works when I adjust it using the electric control.

However, when I switch the control over to the passenger-side mirror, it seems to make a 'turning noise' whenever I try to move it in any direction, but that does not move the actual glass mirror i.e. I cannot adjust my view angle.

I also noticed when I try to press the mirror down manually using my hand to face a lower angle, it is as if the mirror is restricted - won't push down.

Any idea what that can be? I am thinking of buying a replacement motor, since the fuse/connection don't seem to be a problem (i.e. motor makes noise ).
Super easy to replace the motor . I just changed the puddle lights to LEDs and the motor had to be removed. The mirror will pop off pretty easy by pulling on the inner most edge. You should be able to see if anything is obstructing movement

Old 04-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Update:

Removed the side mirrors on both driver and passenger side to reveal the motor.

No obstructions.
But, on the working side (drivers side) the mirror motor tilts in the direction required when I operate the switch.
On the passengers side, the mirror motor does not tilt, just makes noise when I operate the switch.

I guess this could mean a change in motor.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Sybco is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bambar
Update:

Removed the side mirrors on both driver and passenger side to reveal the motor.

No obstructions.
But, on the working side (drivers side) the mirror motor tilts in the direction required when I operate the switch.
On the passengers side, the mirror motor does not tilt, just makes noise when I operate the switch.

I guess this could mean a change in motor.
When you say tilts in, do you mean the mirror or the the whole mirror housing? 2 different motors here, the mirror motor is easy to replace...The mirror housing that folds in when parking,,,is not a simple proces..
​​​​​i had a quote of nearly$700 to have the folding mirror motor replaced. Mine has a weird occasional glitch that I just live with

Old 04-03-2017, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Sybco
When you say tilts in, do you mean the mirror or the the whole mirror housing? 2 different motors here, the mirror motor is easy to replace...The mirror housing that folds in when parking,,,is not a simple proces..
​​​​​i had a quote of nearly$700 to have the folding mirror motor replaced. Mine has a weird occasional glitch that I just live with
I guess with some of these aging beauties there are certain glitches we do have to live with..

As for the motor, I meant the mirror (not the mirror housing). The mirror refuses to be tilted aiming downwards, even when I push really hard by hand. It tilts left and right, just not up and down.
I think maybe the motor (which is not working) is somehow not allowing that movement.. I guess when the new one arrives, and I install it, I'll find out.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.