Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Need help with rumbling noise?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 11:06 AM
Domino is on a distinguished road
I can't comment on how they diagnosed your issue, but it's a fact that it was rubbish. You can try to ask surveillance camera recordings on your car from repair box. They should have at least two cameras on each box because insurance companies demand them. Only question is, if they'll be willing to show you the recordings. If they wont show them, that's enough reason to believe that you have been tricked. Remember to ask exactly what part they have replaced, with part numbers.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:11 AM
jayi836 will become famous soon enoughjayi836 will become famous soon enough
I was just thinking the same thing, at the very least take a sharpie and sign the first new transfer case.
Enjoy your rentals!

Old 10-27-2017, 04:46 PM
Juanna Knowtrooth is on a distinguished road
Angry

sooooo........

once the "updated" transfer case was finished (I'm told) the tech took it for a spin and "still heard a little bit of grinding like engine noise." The tech evidently took it upon himself to drain the differential fluid, which yielded metal fragments...

Recommendation - new differential at cost of about $4k!

I conceded to let them proceed simply because I really have no other choice. I can't sell it like it is and I can't drive it like it is and no one else around is any more reliable.

Suppose to be done today, but no word on the car.

I really feel like I'm being taken for a ride on this one and it makes me sick if I think about it too long.

Hopefully next week i can get the CTT back and hear a smooth, sweet Porsche sound to sooth my aching wallet!

Old 10-27-2017, 05:48 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Juanna - I think at this point I'd be consulting with an attorney.

They already misdiagnosed what the problem is - costing you a considerable amount of money. I believe if you press the issue legally - the chances are good that they'll either refund you the transfer-case expense, or comp you for the differential. The first thing the tech should have done in diagnosing this issue was drain all the driveline fluids and observe what they looked like. Metal fragments are hard to overlook.

Right now they're diagnosing by shotgunning - randomly replace stuff until the problem goes away. That's no way to run a dealership.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:23 PM
Juanna Knowtrooth is on a distinguished road
Got it back today. Running smooth now. They gave me 20% discount for the cost of the differential, which the service manager said "Porsche never does on high line vehicles."

In other words, they screwed me less than most, so I should be happy.

Well I'm happy to have my Pepper back and complete this thread.

Thanks all here for your help and words.

pc

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.