Cayenne
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you chip?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 12:11 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Would you chip?

I plan to keep my '05 CTT for about one more year. I just bought my wifey an '11 X5 50i which has the 4.4L twin turbo motor. That rig is pretty sweet and I have to admit the tech goodies make me a bit jealous. The power along with the 8-spd tranny is also very close to the acceleration in my CTT which, powerwise, is stock except for a TechArt exhaust.

So, question is, would you get yours tuned if you were going to be selling it in about a year? I should also mention that it has 80k miles on it right now so I'm not sure if that would put the motor at any more risk than one at 20k miles. I'm not averse to tuning as my '07 997TT has the Evomsit EVT700 package on it.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
A bit OT, but I may be buying a turbo Cayenne with similar miles. The prices are bafflingly low. Probably not what you want to hear if you bought the car new

Would you give me a quick run down of your opinion on the car? I figure it would be nice kid hauler with little compromise for what it is.

As for chipping, I doubt you will hurt anything. You just need to decide whether the cost is justifiable for only one year of duty

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 12-27-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:30 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ari
A bit OT, but I may be buying a turbo Cayenne with similar miles. The prices are bafflingly low. Probably not what you want to hear if you bought the car new

Would you give me a quick run down of your opinion on the car? I figure it would be nice kid hauler with little compromise for what it is.

As for chipping, I doubt you will hurt anything. You just need to decide whether the cost is justifiable for only one year of duty

I bought mine with about 30k miles. Had a lot of TechArt goodies preinstalled but no tune. I'd love a few extra ponies and a quicker throttle response as well.

My overall opinion is very good. Just make sure the expensive known repairs (ie plastic intake lines) are taken care of already. Mine burst on the highway about 1 month after warranty. That was an $1800 repair. Not fun but I figured I saved $40k from buying new already so... I had most of the other things taken care of before the warranty expired (coil packs, rear tailgate shocks, peeling buttons, etc).

I have 2 small boys and the car seats fit well but you can't put them next to each other. Not enough space for that. The Cayenne becomes a 4-seater at that point. The thing is a gas hog. I average about 13mpg commuting on the hwy with about 50% slower traffic mixed in there.