Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne S camshaft position sensor screw

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Robert kuhn is on a distinguished road
Cayenne S camshaft position sensor screw

So I was replacing my camshaft position sensors and like an idiot, I somehow managed to drop both screws into the abyss. Can't find them anywhere in the engine compartment and they did not drop all the way to the ground. I went to the hardware store and bought every metric screw they had and none of them fit. Anybody here know what size screw holds the camshaft position sensor in? My Cayenne S is a 2004. Is it possible that the screw is not metric? I know the threads are not damaged or stripped.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I hate when that happens I've been there many times. The bolt your looking for is a M6 thread, 16 mm long. It superseded to a M6 thread 10mm long. The original part number is 90038500909, the new part number is 90038500901. For more information, Click Here.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Robert kuhn is on a distinguished road
You are a life saver! Thank you so much for the help. I just ordered 4 of each size. I hope that's enough because I figure I'm not done dropping them yet!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
You are a life saver! Thank you so much for the help. I just ordered 4 of each size. I hope that's enough because I figure I'm not done dropping them yet!
Thank you for the support and hopefully you don't drop any other different size bolts. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you might have along the way and we will gladly answer them.