Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures for standard and PDLS headlights in the night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 10:02 PM
billhao.list is on a distinguished road
Question Pictures for standard and PDLS headlights in the night

I was wondering how the xenon headlights in PDLS compare to the standard halogen ones. I was not able to compare them at the dealers because they all close before the sky gets dark Does anyone have pictures showing standard or PDLS in the night? Any comments are also welcome.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Needsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud of
Would not even consider the halogens. They look cheap and are way down on performance.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Would not even consider the halogens. They look cheap and are way down on performance.
Thanks for the reply. I definitely agree on the performance improvement. The halogen to xenon switch was the best thing I did to my current bimmer. Just hoping to see the difference on a porsche. Hopefully someone can some pictures.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
IMO, as someone who deals with a lot of photos, it is almost impossible to get an accurate picture of headlights - Xenon or halogen. The reality is that the incoming light into the camera sensor is so bright, that that camera has to either increase the aperture or increase the shutter speed to darken the entire frame, so the camera sensor isn't completely blinded.

Similar concept as trying to stare at the sun with and without sunglasses on.

The take away here is that pictures is not as useful as you may think. Just do yourself the favor and get the Xenons. They will have a much higher lumen output - period.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:35 PM
tex94 is on a distinguished road
I have seen a lot of 958s over the past 2+ years and I don't think I have ever seen a single one without xenons. That should tell you something.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks, Renaissance.Man and tex94. This makes perfect sense. Now I am ready to talk the dealers about discounts and placing the order