cayenne turbo question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 12:34 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
cayenne turbo question

I am debating getting cayenne turbo. While at my local dealer for service today I saw a very nice optioned one that has been sitting for a while.

Is the cayenne turbo a fun car or is it too girly? I was looking into getting a 997.2 turbo S but I'm worried about getting a lemon for the price I am looking at (don't want to spend more than 110k).

Old 10-20-2014, 06:54 PM
Loving-it-22 is on a distinguished road
I don't know about the s but I picked up a turbo a month ago and love it. First porsche and I see what the fuss is about. They have their quirks but all vehicles do. Get one with pdcc. These things handle ridiculous for an SUV. I have had four different SUVs/trucks in the last year trying to find something fun and comfortable to drive while still being able to launch my boat. I think I have found it with my cayenne turbo. Granted it doesn't ride like the escalade but it rides pretty good when want it to. The biggest difference is the Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde personalities the cayenne turbo has. It's great just cruising daily, hauling the family. But then when you want, you push the sport button and she lowers down and throttle mapping and shift points change and it takes on a whole different personality. I may be biased but I say go for it. Find a good deal and worst case if you don't like it, sell it and mark it off the list. I did for the last year and found that the cayenne was what I was searching for. Good luck

Old 10-24-2014, 08:31 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Is the cayenne turbo a fun car or is it too girly?
There is nothing girly about about 500+ ft lbs of tq stock (more than the 997.2). With a few mods, it can be literally "tons of fun" for a heavy piggy

Old 10-26-2014, 07:40 PM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
Girly. haha Look at this:

motorauthority.com and watch the Cayenne Turbo go against the 911 C4S.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-cayenne-turbo

Last edited by BOOSTTT; 10-26-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:01 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BOOSTTT
motorauthority.com and watch the Cayenne Turbo go against the 911 C4S.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-cayenne-turbo
I always liked that video. I can only imagine what would have happened if the air suspension was lowered an inch on the Cayenne and with a few bolt-ons. My suspicion is that the C4S would struggle to keep up.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:58 AM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of

Does anyone have some cough drops - I seem to be hacking a lot!!

Old 11-03-2014, 09:52 AM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
LOL Karen. We just don't see many lady, supermodel, race car drivers on these forums. No harmful intent I'm sure. Have you tracked a Cayenne Turbo before?

Old 11-03-2014, 11:17 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BOOSTTT
LOL Karen. We just don't see many lady, supermodel, race car drivers on these forums. No harmful intent I'm sure. Have you tracked a Cayenne Turbo before?
No harmful intent. It's just everyone in my area who drives a cayenne turbo is a stay at home mom, who walks around all day in lululemon, shops, and goes to the gym (but not to work out, just to socialize). Now I'm sure this is different for other parts of the US/world excluding California, Miami, and my area.

Soooooo I think a 911 GTS would be a better fit. Then maybe one day when I have kids I'll get a cayenne turbo as a DD and like a GT3 RS for the weekend.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:01 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Not sure where you are in MD, but here in VA outside DC the CTT/S is the domain of men almost exclusively. Out of the CTT/S and GTS owners I've talked to here, its all about image for most of the men and the rare lady I find actually knows what she is driving.

The Cayenne may have a "girly" image like all SUVs, but I'd say DDing a GT3 has its own image about what the driver might be lacking

Who cares what other people think? If you drive a Cayenne and it fits, thats all that matters.

Old 11-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by gnat
Not sure where you are in MD, but here in VA outside DC the CTT/S is the domain of men almost exclusively. Out of the CTT/S and GTS owners I've talked to here, its all about image for most of the men and the rare lady I find actually knows what she is driving.

The Cayenne may have a "girly" image like all SUVs, but I'd say DDing a GT3 has its own image about what the driver might be lacking

Who cares what other people think? If you drive a Cayenne and it fits, thats all that matters.
Your in VA and you don't know where I could be talking about? There are only 2 cities in MD that could possibly fit the description I described . But yes I've noticed NOVA is slightly different in it's demographic of cars. Though I see way nicer cars in mclean, fairfax, arlington, than I do around here or in DC.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:06 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute

it's fun as hell! and useful too.

my wife can haul groceries and go shopping

and with my tune and catbypass pipes, it's scary fast and handles great in the corners.

best of both worlds.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:35 PM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
Blast to drive, and I can haul my boat, a 7000 lb generator or trailer full of gravel. I can put my tools in the back and can go up to the ski hill everyday. Definitely not girly, but I likely have the only one within 100 miles so no local soccer moms to compete with.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:58 AM
Soooooo I think a 911 GTS would be a better fit.
If you're happy, then I'm happy. But you do realize that a Cayenne Turbo with bolt-ons would easily walk your 911 GTS (any variant), right? Not sure I would let my truck end up being faster than my dedicated sports car. Just something to think about

Old 11-22-2014, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by mtnrat
Blast to drive, and I can haul my boat, a 7000 lb generator or trailer full of gravel. I can put my tools in the back and can go up to the ski hill everyday. Definitely not girly, but I likely have the only one within 100 miles so no local soccer moms to compete with.
haha lucky you.

Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
If you're happy, then I'm happy. But you do realize that a Cayenne Turbo with bolt-ons would easily walk your 911 GTS (any variant), right? Not sure I would let my truck end up being faster than my dedicated sports car. Just something to think about
Well now I saw the LA auto shows for the carmine red GTS and that just looks very nice. Plus its 20k cheaper than my 911 GTS build. But also I don't want to modify the cars. I want to keep them stock. I'm done with modifying for now.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:59 PM
09RedGTS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
+1 on this FACT!!