USB Boroscopes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 06:12 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
USB Boroscopes

How the hell did I not know these existed until stumbling across them today? I've toyed with the idea of buying a boroscope for a long time but just didn't think I could justify spending $300+ for a decent one to only use it a few times.

Then I saw these....http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ctronics%2C474

I ended up grabbing this one. For $25 I can imagine a lot of uses for this thing and if it ends up getting damaged it's no big deal. Can't wait to get it now!!
Amazon.com : 2 Million Pixels Cmos 5m USB Waterproof Hd 6-led Borescope Endoscope Inspection Tube Visual Camera : Camera & Photo Amazon.com : 2 Million Pixels Cmos 5m USB Waterproof Hd 6-led Borescope Endoscope Inspection Tube Visual Camera : Camera & Photo

Old 01-18-2015, 06:30 PM
BG305 is on a distinguished road
I just send a guy something similar on the 958 thread so he could check his cylinders out. Like you said for the price it really doesn't need to last forever.

Old 01-18-2015, 06:42 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BG305
I just send a guy something similar on the 958 thread so he could check his cylinders out. Like you said for the price it really doesn't need to last forever.
And you aren't limited to the little screen on a handheld one. There were some that were 30 feet long. So much for paying a plumber to come scope out the drains if something goes wrong.

Old 01-18-2015, 06:54 PM
BG305 is on a distinguished road
Yeah they are also water proof, it's crazy what you find when you look around.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:38 AM
DLF
DLF is on a distinguished road
They're great. Very useful in a tight engine compartment. I used one when changing the pre cat oxygen sensors on my CS. The sensors cannot be seen from above or below, but I was able to see what was going on using it, even took a few still pics for reference during the job.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:57 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
You guys rock!

I too have wanted a scope for various things for a long time, but never could justify the cost. $25 for a 5 meter long waterproof HD camera is a no brainer!

I won't be using it to look in ears, noses, and throats like some of the comments for it suggest

Old 01-20-2015, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by gnat
You guys rock!

I too have wanted a scope for various things for a long time, but never could justify the cost. $25 for a 5 meter long waterproof HD camera is a no brainer!

I won't be using it to look in ears, noses, and throats like some of the comments for it suggest
Ha, I didn't see that. Yeah I suppose there are all kinds of uses some people will find for them.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:20 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Mine arrived today (yay Prime!) and I'm impressed. I got the same one that jdubbya linked to. I plugged it up to my Mac and it worked fine with Quicktime Player (New Movie and then select it over the FaceTime camera if you have one).

Even with it only on for a few minutes it does get warm with the light on like some of the reviews mention. Not the best quality in the world, but should be plenty good enough for most things.

And it was only $25!

Old 01-21-2015, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by gnat
Mine arrived today (yay Prime!) and I'm impressed. I got the same one that jdubbya linked to. I plugged it up to my Mac and it worked fine with Quicktime Player (New Movie and then select it over the FaceTime camera if you have one).

Even with it only on for a few minutes it does get warm with the light on like some of the reviews mention. Not the best quality in the world, but should be plenty good enough for most things.

And it was only $25!
Yep, I agree. It's not the greatest but for the price I don't see how you can go wrong. I've only played with it for a little bit and I was surprised it got so warm. I didn't expect that. I have some more parts coming for the CTT and want to get a look at the turbos when I take it apart again.

Gonna be fun to find different uses for it. I could have used it the other day when running a vacuum line for sure.