Cayenne
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So its been a year now

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 03:35 PM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
So its been a year now

Wow time flys. Its been a year now since I purchased my new to me 2009 Cayenne S. When I first purchased it I got on the forums and was horrified by all the problems owners have reported. I really doubted my decision to buy one.
Well like I say its been a year now and the thing has been rock solid dependable. Daily driver for the wife. couple of interstate trips.
Not one single problem.

Just wanted to give new owners some confidence these things can be very reliable.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:08 PM
noavgdrvr is on a distinguished road
Thank you... I to am considering a Cayenne GTS.

There have been some really scary posts here and elsewhere regarding the Cayenne. I have been driving Range Rovers For many years. The biggest headache with the RRs' are the air suspension which the Cayenne also offers and seems to be even more complicated.

The cost to replace the air struts is on The Cayenne is scandalous. For me this is probably the biggest deal breaker. With all that I know of the Cayenne and the possible issues I may just take the plunge as well. I'll just put aside 4-5k to replace the air struts.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:50 AM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
I think you can say the same about any active suspension system from any manufacture.

The good thing is Arnott rebuilds them. A rebuilt unit is less than $500.00. If you can remove and install it yourself you save the labor as well.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:03 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
the air ride compressor rebuild kit from vw is 100 bucks and is a 30 minute job. mine lasted 115000 miles. great suv

Old 03-21-2015, 05:55 PM
grdlaw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TurboTodd
Wow time flys. Its been a year now since I purchased my new to me 2009 Cayenne S. When I first purchased it I got on the forums and was horrified by all the problems owners have reported. I really doubted my decision to buy one.
Well like I say its been a year now and the thing has been rock solid dependable. Daily driver for the wife. couple of interstate trips.
Not one single problem.

Just wanted to give new owners some confidence these things can be very reliable.
Agreed! I've had my 2008 Cayenne V6 for a little over 13 months. I haven't had any major problems...knock on wood. But from the forums, I've made some mods and maintenance items. I had the Alpine iLX-007 Apple CarPlay installed. I put on 20 inch Turbo II wheels 275/45/20 and I changed my interior and license plate lights to LED from Suncoast. I also changed out the spark plugs and coils which took care of a shifting issue from 3rd to 4th because one of the coils was corroded. And this past week, I changed the MAF sensor, added an AFe air filter and had the Fabspeed Secondary Catbypass pipes and EPS Driveshaft clamp kit installed. Next week, I'm having my transmission oil, filter and gasket changed with the kit from Suncoast.

My Cayenne is approaching 100k miles and it's running like new!

Old 03-21-2015, 08:54 PM
Rvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant future
I've had my cayenne s for two years now. I drive it like I stole it. It has never given me a problem. By far my favorite vehicle I've ever had.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:46 AM
TSAF NKUF is on a distinguished road
Yeah 1 year for me also. It's been solid as a rock so far.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
I love reading threads like this. Unfortunately there are many more threads posted about problems (because people are seeking advice and answers from the community) opposed to positive threads (because there normally isn't a reason to post a thread if everything is going well) - which leads us to believe that cars are way more problematic then they really are.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:58 AM
uoL24 is on a distinguished road
It’s been a year for me & my 2011 Cayenne (V6), no major problems to report. I did a few minor mods to it. But honestly, if I would’ve read some of the post from this forum & others before making the purchase I’d probably stay with my ML350. I’m glad I didn’t!

Old 03-24-2015, 04:10 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the milestone!

With proper maintenance these Cayennes are really pretty stout - not many major issues to speak of. You guys did well in trusting your passion!

Old 03-24-2015, 09:58 PM
BonitaBeast is on a distinguished road
Hopefully I will be posting a thread like this one year from now. It's great reading a positive thread like this. I'm looking forward to a smooth road ahead :-)

Old 03-25-2015, 02:56 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
I love reading threads like this. Unfortunately there are many more threads posted about problems (because people are seeking advice and answers from the community) opposed to positive threads (because there normally isn't a reason to post a thread if everything is going well) - which leads us to believe that cars are way more problematic then they really are.
I've been on Porsche forum's for 15 years. First with my 996 then 997 and now my Cayenne. After a while you get good at spotting real issues with cars.
RMS seal and IMS bearings with 996. Coolant pipes with Cayenne etc.
I can tell you that from my read the Cayenne's are a solid design with few real problems. All cars get old and wear out and will need replacement parts and service as time and miles take their toll. The 997 after 2009 is also a rock solid car.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:54 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stevefrommn
I can tell you that from my read the Cayenne's are a solid design with few real problems. All cars get old and wear out and will need replacement parts and service as time and miles take their toll.
+1... As someone who reads most of the posts in this section, reliability is the norm. If this forum scared you, try a few of the other luxury SUV brands.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:43 PM
Motorized is on a distinguished road
Yes theres another one! I was getting sick and tired of hearing all these complaints from this perfect vehicle. Im glad theres someone else who can appreciate it.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:38 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Motorized
Yes theres another one! I was getting sick and tired of hearing all these complaints from this perfect vehicle. Im glad theres someone else who can appreciate it.
Well to be honest people come here for help with problems a lot. Which makes a lot of sense. I like working on my cars myself so without places like this it would be tough to know what to do sometimes.

But yeah I agree it is nice to see a positive thread. I've had mine for just over a year now too. While I've had issues with mine it's still a lot of fun!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So its been a year now