Cayenne
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Headlight issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 10:29 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
More Headlight issues

I had a post a while back about my headlights and having trouble with the turning lights. Turned out some of the insulation on the wires was dry and cracked. I fixed them by replacing some of the wires.

But the problem seems to be back, I've been getting warnings about the turning lights not working again. I'll take a look at the bulbs but I suspect the wiring in the headlight assembly itself is getting worse.

I found these on Fleabay and they might look pretty decent slapped on my blacked out 955. Anyone taken a chance on these? They say you have to switch the motor, ballast and bulbs which shouldn't be a big deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Switchback-L..._qi=RTM2247625

Old 03-29-2017, 10:53 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Only thing about those ebay ones is I'm not sure they still have the cornering lights. Hard to tell.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:16 PM
Not sure why the link is not working properly, should be going to the item on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-06-Porsch...3D152431246372

Still not working. Oh well.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:09 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
The cornering light is the shiny section next to the top projector. It apparently has a bulb facing the faceted reflector. That's more like what's used on the 958 lights.

Old 04-03-2017, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
The cornering light is the shiny section next to the top projector. It apparently has a bulb facing the faceted reflector. That's more like what's used on the 958 lights.

Yeah, they replied the same thing. It does look more like a 958 headlight. The cornering light on mine is another lens similar to the HID lens but obviously aimed to light the corner. It's kind of a neat feature but I only find it really useable when trying to park.

I'm going to try pulling one of the headlights in the next few days to see if it's really the wiring or what is going on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.