Cayenne
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing grime from back of car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 05:32 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Removing grime from back of car

Never came across this before. Over last couple months was involved in moving, etc. So car washing fell off the plate. Now, tried washing and back of car has this stuff fro. Exhaust. Dark spots. Etc.
washed and tbey were still there.
used tarminator. Nope. Still there.

what will take this crap off the car?
need help.
I know, I can use buffer but want to see if I can remove without removing part of clear coat first. You detailers out there, help.
below pic is after spraying tarminator for a min or two, then wash with warm soapy water to remove.

Last edited by ciaka; 03-15-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:14 PM
Rvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant future
Clay bar ?

Old 04-20-2018, 10:17 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rvca3112
Clay bar ?
+1, followed by polishing and then waxing.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:21 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I ended up:
- spraying car with pressure washer to remove top dirt
- using spray botle, sprayed very good amount of simple green degreaser onto back of car (all of it)
- waited few minutes making sure it does not dry up
- used pressure washer to spray down back of car
- used car wash to wash back of car right after this

worked great. Most places were cleaned all the way. I ended up doing twice to get every single bit, but it worked well.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:15 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ciaka
I ended up:
- spraying car with pressure washer to remove top dirt
- using spray botle, sprayed very good amount of simple green degreaser onto back of car (all of it)
- waited few minutes making sure it does not dry up
- used pressure washer to spray down back of car
- used car wash to wash back of car right after this

worked great. Most places were cleaned all the way. I ended up doing twice to get every single bit, but it worked well.

Its much worse when your ride is white.

Now clay bar the back end and wax it good. Next time they will wash right off!

Old 05-17-2018, 08:14 AM
Yes, I am planning to do the entire car with nice buff.
Getting the PTT put a small kink into my plans, as I am now doing stuff with that car too.
It will all get done though, slowly but surely. Thanks.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:41 AM
Vantage007 is an unknown quantity at this point
In a pinch I also recommend a no rinse wash like ONR and after dry apply Opti-Seal - looks great and will keep any gunk from sticking on to the paint.