Best Porsche Indie shops in Colorado Springs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 03:38 AM
archebald23 is on a distinguished road
I have a 2003 Boxter S.. up for my 60,000 mile maintenance.. I have been searching for independent Porsche repair shops or Colorado auto repair shops that have Porsche technicians.. I was able to know two shops RS motorsports and Autoworks Colorado. It seems that autoworks is the most experience in the business.. Does anyone here knows these shops? or have other recommendation.. any help will be greatly greatly appreciated..

Last edited by archebald23; 04-30-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:02 AM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
I am literally heading out the door but will reply to this in more detail in an hour or two...

C. Anders

Old 04-27-2011, 08:37 AM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
OK, here is my experience to date...things may have changed recently but...this is my actual experience and not hearsay.

I dont know of any CoS shops mechanically, wish I did. I have been using Eurowerks in Denver to some success, Greg (owner) is a PCA member and will make sure things are right (they had a recent management change that resolved most of the problems). Stevenson Imports in Littleton is also very good for a dealer, mention you are a PCA member for the discount. Several of the techs there are invaluable.

For paint/body work, both ReinCARnation and Foggs are both PCA members and are very good.

As for tuners, especially at our altitudes, UMW and Protomotive are the best hands down. What separates them is that you will do some data log runs, send your results by email and they will send you an updated upload file so that you car is properly tuned for the environment. I have horrid experiences with a canned tunes such as GIAC. I have also seen other vendors struggle with tuning for altitude. I speak from actual road experience vs "I knew a guy" etc...

A lesson I have learned is know where your end game is...I recently had to completely remove my entire setup as they were unwilling or unable to tune for where I wanted to go. Know where you want to be and focus on that, also, just because its less expensive or their shop is closer doesn't save you money in the long run, do it right the first time.

If you are doing a basic tune, budget for a clutch as well. A basic tune should be about 100hp extra hp or so that will overwhelm the oem clutch, other locals can chime in on this. Since we are here, you might as well get a good exhaust to make that tune work the way it should... I cant say enough about Europipe (EP), yes they are pricey, but you will not regret it. I went the cheap route and bought several others and took the loss of selling and eventually bought the EP anyway... Leave the factory headers alone, they are very good and will not crack. If you have to mod them, then port match to the turbos.

Something else that has been a thorn in most of our sides is fuel, CO has 91 craptane, yeah its that bad. It will have a direct end result on your tune, you absolutely MUST tell your tuner that you are using 91 vs the national average 93 or you will get intimate with the inner workings of your Porsche motor.

This should start some good conversation.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Denver996tt has a spectacular aura aboutDenver996tt has a spectacular aura about
I'm not familiar with either of the shops you mentioned. In addition to the aforementioned names, you may want to check out 3zero3 Motorsports. I was pretty impressed at their knowledge of Porsches (they also do Audi and VW work) and have yet to hear a negative thing about them. They also have a factory trained Porsche tech in their shop.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:25 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Chris, are you sure you don't mean Eurosport Ltd in Englewood? That's Greg's place along with Rob and Brian. They have ben servicing my car since day 1...

Old 04-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Bill,

You're absolutely right, it is Eurosport Ltd, its in my address book wrong.

Originally Posted by wross996TT
Chris, are you sure you don't mean Eurosport Ltd in Englewood? That's Greg's place along with Rob and Brian. They have ben servicing my car since day 1...