PCA Members?

Old 01-17-2013, 02:57 PM
TMWTP has a spectacular aura aboutTMWTP has a spectacular aura aboutTMWTP has a spectacular aura about
PCA Members?

Got me renewal notice in the mail yesterday. Anyone else here a member? I haven't attended any events, pretty much a waste to join for last year. But, do any of you attend them? Are they fun? Or is it a bunch of stuffy rich dudes showing off their "extensions."

Not saying my car isn't an extension.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:16 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Renew for the following reasons at the very least:

1. You get a free subscription to Panorama magazine
2. You get the monthly magazine from your local chapter
3. You get discounts at many parts/service providers
4. The PCA auto cross events might be the cheapest entertainment around
5. You get a free PCA sticker to put on your car

I don't go to many events outside of an occasional Sunday drive, but I think it's worth the $ to be a part of the fraternity. In my experience the members are all very cool people who love Porsches and are very nice to newbies. I haven't met a stuffy rich dude yet.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:59 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
I was a member many for many years...finally went to an event. The event itself was nice (it was a tour of the Shelby museum), but the crowd was definitely not my style. Anyway, I wouldn't do another event. I gave up my membership several years ago...I think the local GTG are more fun and a better crowd. Waste of money in my mind, JMHO.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:20 PM
kevinf is just really nicekevinf is just really nicekevinf is just really nicekevinf is just really nicekevinf is just really nice
I'm a member and attended a couple of the High Plains events, as well as an Autocross last summer. The events are great and attending these for a discount was the reason I joined -- for this alone it was worth it. The magazines are nice to get, also.

As far as the social events -- I've yet to attend one. I keep thinking it'd be fun to, but I have this fear of being the youngest one there by 15-20 years... None of the local 996 guys I usually meet up with go to these either, so that doesn't help.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:49 AM
MichaelB145 is on a distinguished road
I really like the PCA events! Once a year they have the largest gathering of Porsches event where they usually get about 180 P-cars in one place. I would also recommend joining the Porsche Breakfast club which does a lot of their own events. Last week they did a cool event at 3R racing and have done events at Steel Affairs car museum, Club Auto, Man Cave, Prestige and Stevinson Porsche, ect.

Mike B