Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

New-Car Prep Detail

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 02:17 PM
chardonet will become famous soon enoughchardonet will become famous soon enough
Moe will do my brand new black 2008 GT3 at the dealership in early January when it finally arrives.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Pats300zx is on a distinguished road
Nice write up Moe. I have a "New Car Detail" set up for this weekend on a clients new Audi R8. He specifically asked to not have the PDI. Even though the plastic has been removed the client just drove it home and parked it in the garage until I can get my hands on it.

Should be a fun weekend to give it some TLC.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:49 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
any recommendations for someone in the pittsburgh area to do a new car prep? Hell any prep, my older cars could use some professional help.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:09 PM
dphouse is on a distinguished road
Really nice job on that M5. I am a fan of a good detail. However, the car is going to get dirty in a matter of 2 minutes on the road. So, my question is why spend all that time and money cleaning? I understand that most of the work done during a detail is to protect the paint, but c'mon. Can someone chime in on this?

Old 12-13-2007, 03:54 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
not over the top at all. we need people like this. i never let dealer touch the car when leaving the truck. all plastics have to be on when i'm ready to sign the paperwork.

Moe,
PM me the price as well.

thanks

Old 12-13-2007, 04:46 PM
liftingismylife is on a distinguished road
Wow, I never quite thought of this before hand. Great writeup! Thank you for all the detailed information..never having a dealer "wash" a new car of mine again!

Old 12-13-2007, 07:09 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for all the info. I am curious, now that you mentioned the softness of the AM paint. What do you think of the quality of the BMW paint? How about you Phil?

Old 12-13-2007, 08:40 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I wish you were in NY I'd take my car to you next week lol.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
BMW paint if good just a ton of orange peel.

raiyu I'm in NY

Old 12-14-2007, 08:09 AM
auto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to behold
Over the Top

Arling, good point there are **** clients and the detailers that can meet their standards,why would you not want to start your car on the right foot?.Moe i chuckled when i saw the pic of the clay bar,had a "new car" i did recently and the look on my customers face when i showed him all the rail dust and fallout was classic,this car had 39 miles on the odometer plus a ton of holograms(imagine that) it is never too early to get your car the protection it needs.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by raiyu
I wish you were in NY I'd take my car to you next week lol.
You can go to Matt at Detailing Dynamics. His work is excellent; he's also a sponsor here. www.detailingdynamics.com

Old 12-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by auto concierge
Arling, good point there are **** clients and the detailers that can meet their standards,why would you not want to start your car on the right foot?.Moe i chuckled when i saw the pic of the clay bar,had a "new car" i did recently and the look on my customers face when i showed him all the rail dust and fallout was classic,this car had 39 miles on the odometer plus a ton of holograms(imagine that) it is never too early to get your car the protection it needs.
My thoughts exactly Bob. With cars becming more and more costly, why anyone wouldn't want to care for it this way is a mystery. This M5 had 4 miles on it. I always tell clients mileage has nothing to do with it; the environment does.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by 20C4S
not over the top at all. we need people like this. i never let dealer touch the car when leaving the truck. all plastics have to be on when i'm ready to sign the paperwork.

Moe,
PM me the price as well.

thanks
You can visit and get more info here. The price will vary from the site depending on location and car.

http://www.glisteningperfection.com/carprep.php

Old 12-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
You're the man, Moe!

Excellent write up. Your attention to detail is incredible.

BRAVO!!!

Old 12-14-2007, 01:21 PM
TurboBill is on a distinguished road
If you live in So Cal, DONT make the mistake I did.

I picked up a Black/Black 08 997TT from a very prominent LA Dealer 1 month ago. I talked to Moe before I picked up the car but I let my salesman at the dealership talk me out of having Moe prep it. HUGE MISTAKE. There were obvious swirl marks throughout the car, some plain as day scratches on the roof and the interior was never touched.

Regarding Moe, I have never talked to anyone in this industry who is as passionate about their work as he is. He will be doing a full detail for me after the holidays.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New-Car Prep Detail