Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

What is the difference between all the Zymols?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:43 AM
GCB
GCB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
So here's the clay after just rubbing the wing on a NEW GT3. Even a new car needs TLC. The containers that these cars travel in are most often open to the elements. So weeks of being in the salt air, rail dust, etc. takes a toll on the paint.

Thanks Moe,

little confused though...
In speaking with the technical dept. of Zymol, they said right out "do not use klay on new cars" He did say however, to definitely use HD Cleanse and Wax. What are your thoughts on this? I see in the GT3 example above your removed some grime?, but is it on a new car case by case? Maybe most cars don't need it and some do? so confusing.... can it hurt the new paint by doing it if it doesn't need it?

Old 01-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Zymol Tech Support is always on the cautious side because of liability reasons. I klay every car I do a full detail on and it's safe. Don't worry, I take into consideration the risks and rewards of all the advice I give. You'll be fine. Call you later today; didn't get a chance to break away yesterday.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hipvspec
you are Car Crazy, you know that
I've ingested a lot of zymol through osmosis over the last decade

Old 01-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by duc749r
I don't mean to high jack the thread, but does Zymol ( or another product) make a plastic polish or buffer? I got some small scratches on some interior plastic of my car and I want to try to remove or at least make them less visible. Thanks
You can try HD-Cleanse polish. It should do the trick; if not, I'll buy it back. If purchased from me

Old 01-17-2008, 08:58 AM
GCB
yea...that HD-Cleanse is some good stuff... its really amazing what that product can do to clean up/out paint prior to waxing...

Old 01-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by GCB
yea...that HD-Cleanse is some good stuff... its really amazing what that product can do to clean up/out paint prior to waxing...
Just wait til be add some klay to that routine....outta this world

Old 01-17-2008, 09:31 AM
GCB
Just wait til be add some klay to that routine....outta this world
Hi Moe,

Just sent you a PM regarding Zymol products purschase

Thanks

Old 01-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Banned
duc749r is on a distinguished road
You can try HD-Cleanse polish. It should do the trick; if not, I'll buy it back. If purchased from me
PM me the price, thanks

Old 01-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice soft uncallised hands?
I also will NEVER Zymol a car before lunch, it just makes you drool.

I only have the older Zymol Le-kem clay ($75 per bar), it is on the abrasive side, so maybe the Tech dept doesn't know the new stuff is much less abrasive?

Old 01-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Nice soft uncallised hands?
I also will NEVER Zymol a car before lunch, it just makes you drool.

I only have the older Zymol Le-kem clay ($75 per bar), it is on the abrasive side, so maybe the Tech dept doesn't know the new stuff is much less abrasive?
Yes; Lehm Klay I was pretty aggressive. Good for the professional but not for the DIY. The new Lehm Klay 3 is much more gentle and safe on new paint.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by duc749r
PM me the price, thanks
PM sent...

Old 01-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Grouse is on a distinguished road
Moe drop me a note when you get the concurs kit, and estate glaze sampler in. I am swamped the next few weeks. I almost ordered from zymol, but... Honestly i'll drop the dime your way. email or phone is usually the best.

Also, are you headed up this way any time soon. I am sure stealth and i would love to take you out for dinner and bs.

~Aaron

Old 01-18-2008, 06:22 AM
rennwagen is on a distinguished road
HD Cleanse

HD Cleanse is the best...you will love it.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:23 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Grouse
Moe drop me a note when you get the concurs kit, and estate glaze sampler in. I am swamped the next few weeks. I almost ordered from zymol, but... Honestly i'll drop the dime your way. email or phone is usually the best.

Also, are you headed up this way any time soon. I am sure stealth and i would love to take you out for dinner and bs.

~Aaron
Thanks for the offer...will keep it in mind when up North.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:57 PM
carholic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
hi,moe...my detail king....i was waiting wan waiting your reply..
so i will need the Zymol Concours startter kit and the zymol Treat Autoglym Interior Cleaner?BTW.zymol Glasur is speciallity made for porsche..is this better then the concours?
and the the detail of how to do it right?can you pm with more detail and the stuff with price.i guess order from you is safe.you almost take back everything...haha.....i feel like i never have the right product and never do them right..i have a white and a grey metalic color and will add one red or yellow car...
lok forward to see your pm in my inbox...
take care and good luck....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is the difference between all the Zymols?