Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Help with detailing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:35 AM
cellg8 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Grouse
The best instructional video i have watched.

http://www.1car-detailing-training.c...video-c-2.html

well worth the money.
Thanks, Aaron! I just found out if you buy $75 worth of stuff from them, you get this DVD for free.

John

Old 01-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
another sponsor ???????

Old 01-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Grouse is on a distinguished road
Kevin Farrel's company. He is probably one of the most knowledgeable persons in detailing. He writes in many publications along with teaching at such industry events like MTE mobile tech expo (was last weekend) His competence in the video speaks for it's self.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
Thanks for the information, I'm still confuse do.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
tito what are you confused about?

Old 02-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Well I don't want to sound rude or anything, but if they are not a forum sponsor, how can they post all of that information ? links, etc, maybe they were not aware of the guidelines ?? I know that has happen to me before, Im not trying to make a big deal rather understand, I too want to be part of the detailing community.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
I see what you mean I think I have referenced Kevin Farrell as well he is a very good industry person.

He does not go on the internet at all. He's more of a guy that consults for BMW, GM ...etc..very knowledgeable and very respected.

But I think I know what you mean.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks, I see what you mean, what about Mr.MoeMistry ? whats your take ?

Old 02-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tito
Thanks, I see what you mean, what about Mr.MoeMistry ? whats your take ?
Tito, I know about your company and your affiliation. With that said, I have tremendous respect for you abiding the rules of this forum. There are only 3 official sponsors that have paid good money to share their knowledge and hard work on the detailing board. We do this because we love our work and it's good business to give back to a community that helps grow your company. This is our way of giving back to the 6speed community and making sure it thrives and grows.

With that said, I do not respect "professional" detailers that furtively post their work, plug other websites, and continually disrespect the official sponsors of this site. We have rules here and they should be abided and respected. Without that level of integrity and professionalism, this site will quickly spiral out of control, which in time, will force the assets to the community to find other arenas to share their knowledge.

Having actual members that are DIY detailers share their experience and show us pictures of their proud work is fine by me. I love to see people elevate their passion for car care. These members do this for the joy and sheer education of other members; not for profit or bragging rights. That's what 6speed is all about; a community that shares and helps other fellow members.

I don't think I need to preach more since most of the members here are intelligent enough to figure out the intentions of those that think they're smarter and above the rest of us.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks for you opinion, who is the 3 official sponsor, if I may ask, I usually only see you and Mr.Pyiu helping others, at any rate, thanks to both of you for your dedication to the forum and to the car care industry.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tito
Thanks for you opinion, who is the 3 official sponsor, if I may ask, I usually only see you and Mr.Pyiu helping others, at any rate, thanks to both of you for your dedication to the forum and to the car care industry.

Detailers' Domain, Detailing Dynamics, and Glistening Perfection.

Thank you for your support!

Old 02-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Tito, I know about your company and your affiliation. With that said, I have tremendous respect for you abiding the rules of this forum. There are only 3 official sponsors that have paid good money to share their knowledge and hard work on the detailing board. We do this because we love our work and it's good business to give back to a community that helps grow your company. This is our way of giving back to the 6speed community and making sure it thrives and grows.

With that said, I do not respect "professional" detailers that furtively post their work, plug other websites, and continually disrespect the official sponsors of this site. We have rules here and they should be abided and respected. Without that level of integrity and professionalism, this site will quickly spiral out of control, which in time, will force the assets to the community to find other arenas to share their knowledge.

I take it you are aiming this at me. So i will respond. How have i disrespected you? I have offered to buy product from you. I have asked to be called, When you turned that down, I tried to buy it via email. I have only said good things about your work. How is me linking an industry expert a violation of the rules moe? Is there a problem with me making reference to a person who consults for bmw gm, and many other car companies. Is there a problem with owners and hobbists getting insight from other people? Do feel it is unwise for them to ask for insight from others?

We may have differing opinions on how certain detail process are done moe, but i have never said yours are incorrect or wrong. I have been nothing but positive to you. Why then do you feel the need to make snide comments towards me?

Please keep in mind folks phil was a sponsor here for months before moe, while moe did exactly what he does now. show details, answer questions and sell product. pot meet kettle

Having actual members that are DIY detailers share their experience and show us pictures of their proud work is fine by me. I love to see people elevate their passion for car care. These members do this for the joy and sheer education of other members; not for profit or bragging rights. That's what 6speed is all about; a community that shares and helps other fellow members.

So let me get this straight, it is okay for laymen to discuss detailing with you, or phil, or detailing dynamics. It is not okay for me to ad my opinion, expertise or thoughts. It is not okay for me to help a member out on the weekend with my product, tools and time. It is not okay for me to guide members to sources of information that contain a plethora of knowledge. IE Kevin Farrel, Bud Abhrams, Ron Ketchum, Gina Budhai. Ron Ketchum alone has forgotten more about current paint systems, delivery, and restoration process than anyone here will learn in the next year.

I don't think I need to preach more since most of the members here are intelligent enough to figure out the intentions of those that think they're smarter and above the rest of us.

I have never insinuated anything of the sort. I was a member here long before phil was an advertiser. I mostly read. I have become active here in the detailing section because it interests me and i have a good amount of knowledge to share. I do not solicit work from 6 speed. and i challenge you to name one time when i have.
I have said my peace moe, I hope you have a nice weekend.

Last edited by Grouse; 02-01-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:10 AM
cellg8 is on a distinguished road
I have just bought a black car and it's really hard to wash and take care of it the proper way. I had a chance to get help from Grouse and let me tell you, like many of you on here, he's a man with A LOT of passion in car detailing AND HELPING PEOPLE who he doesn't have to...and who he doesn't even know...like myself. He spent an entire day of his life and his precious family time on a weekend (IN THE COLD AND IN THE RAIN OUTSIDE) to help out a stranger like me to understand the basics in detailing. He went over the products and procedures just to make sure 'i got it'. Did he have to do that? No... but his enthusiasm in helping others really got me respect him and respect his knowledge....just like I do for many of you on here.

I don't want to see people (especially pros) get discouraged from sharing because of this 'sponsor' thingy... So is it the rule that if you're a pro, you can't post your work on here and you can't mention any products you use?

I have never seen such a thing in other sub car forums or any other forums (i.e. photography (canon vs nikon..LOL)). I guess maybe someone must have abused the rule and done something to deceive the public... I guess what might help is if the poster can identify that he's a pro (in Avatar, Sig, or in the post) when sharing his work, then people can decide for their own if they want to take it or leave it? Just my 2 cents...

p.s. Thank you, Grouse for all your help to my countless questions...

John

Last edited by cellg8; 02-02-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by cellg8
I have just bought a black car and it's really hard to wash and take care of it the proper way. I had a chance to get help from Grouse and let me tell you, like many of you on here, he's a man with A LOT of passion in car detailing AND HELPING PEOPLE who he doesn't have to...and who he doesn't even know...like myself. He spent an entire day of his life and his precious family time on a weekend (IN THE COLD AND IN THE RAIN OUTSIDE) to help out a stranger like me to understand the basics in detailing. He went over the products and procedures just to make sure 'i got it'. Did he have to do that? No... but his enthusiasm in helping others really got me respect him and respect his knowledge....just like I do for many of you on here.

I don't want to see people (especially pros) get discouraged from sharing because of this 'sponsor' thingy... So is it the rule that if you're a pro, you can't post your work on here and you can't mention any products you use?

I have never seen such a thing in other sub car forums or any other forums (i.e. photography (canon vs nikon..LOL)). I guess maybe someone must have abused the rule and done something to deceive the public... I guess what might help is if the poster can identify that he's a pro (in Avatar, Sig, or in the post) when sharing his work, then people can decide for their own if they want to take it or leave it? Just my 2 cents...

p.s. Thank you, Grouse for all your help to my countless questions...

John
Is it too much to ask for Aaron to pay his sponsorship here on the board like the rest of us? If he's so dedicated and cares so much about our community, why is he TAKING business by posting his work as an advertisement, rather than GIVING, by sponsoring the board and freely discussing his ideas and knowledge. I just don't get it. Before I was a sponsor, I posted 2 threads showing my work over a 2-year period. Other than that, it was all advice. I have respect for the board and its rules, why shouldn't others. It's a question of ethics and professionalism here, not $$.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:12 AM
tell me where i have taken work moe.

I advertise with FCANW, PCANW, BMWCCANW, and several regional forums. The seattle contingent here already knows me from those area's. The 25 6 speed members from Seattle do not warrant a 5k year price tag. Especially when i already market and advertise directly to them. So, again, I offer my advice, help, knowledge here for free. Just as with J cell, dvh, and a few others. No strings attached. Need help, call me, need advice, call me, perplexed on your personal detail, call me. If i have time I will give you a hand.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help with detailing