Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Help with detailing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Aaron, at the end of the day, I'm trying to keep this board clean and valuable to the DIY. You and I both know there are plenty of forums filled with a lot of nonsense when it comes to detailing. The previous response was not directed at you only; it was to the others as well that post their work for financial gains. What does that say about us that have vested interest and $$ if you say it's not worth it for you to be a sponsor? Out of respect for the members and myself, I don't want to get into a bickering war with you; I value my time more than that. If you haven’t gotten my big picture, it's simple. I want to hold professional detailers accountable and have guys like us become successful. We start by maintaining professional ethics and abiding by the rules.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
"I don't want to see people (especially pros) get discouraged from sharing because of this 'sponsor' thingy... So is it the rule that if you're a pro, you can't post your work on here and you can't mention any products you use?

I have never seen such a thing in other sub car forums or any other forums (i.e. photography (canon vs nikon..LOL)). I guess maybe someone must have abused the rule and done something to deceive the public... I guess what might help is if the poster can identify that he's a pro (in Avatar, Sig, or in the post) when sharing his work, then people can decide for their own if they want to take it or leave it? Just my 2 cents"

John , I think those are very good and valuable points and I do share that same feeling with you, now with that said, lets said I'm a forum sponsor ( which I'm not ) if we have 50 people with 50 different products and 50 different opinions, how could "I " possible benefit from been a forum sponsor ?

If "I" spend hours posting and helping others, and I KNOW how long it takes to maintain and follow up with advice, so I see that the problem is a very thin fine line, so I'm not sure what is the correct solution ?? does it make any sense ?

Old 02-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Grouse is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Aaron, at the end of the day, I'm trying to keep this board clean and valuable to the DIY. You and I both know there are plenty of forums filled with a lot of nonsense when it comes to detailing. The previous response was not directed at you only; it was to the others as well that post their work for financial gains. What does that say about us that have vested interest and $$ if you say it's not worth it for you to be a sponsor? Out of respect for the members and myself, I don't want to get into a bickering war with you; I value my time more than that. If you haven’t gotten my big picture, it's simple. I want to hold professional detailers accountable and have guys like us become successful. We start by maintaining professional ethics and abiding by the rules.

I never said it was not worth me being a sponsor. I said 25 members in the Seattle area do not warrant a 5k price tag. I do not resell, I do not ship. I simply offer my verbal and personal help/support.

I have been polite and kind in all of my responses. I do my best to put what insight i have into concise form. I have referred people to both you and phil. I may have a different process than you moe, that does not mean i think yours is wrong. Nor would i council a person to Disregard what you or phil have to say. Most people who come here come to learn, I strive to help them.

I simply do not have anything to sell them, It would be a different story if i was selling product and shipping it. I would agree that it would be fair for me to pay the 5g. Though, i could market my information and answers. say link them to a paypal account and charge for every time i answer someones question. < just kidding.

For what it is worth moe i did not consider this bickering at all. I thought it a good conversation. As you are right, much of the info out there is complete and utter BS. You do not want some half baked production shop detailer dropping in here and giving horrible advice or worse yet selling horrible details or products. I took the opportunity to start the discussion about what would be reasonable, and prudent for a professional such as my self to do or say.

Take care and enjoy the game this weekend.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
I would like to chime in, and make a short comment. I don't really mind other pro detailers on this board. I believe that there is more than one way to detail a vehicle/maintain one.

I do mind if you are selling a product and taking sales of products away from Detailer's Domain, Glistening Perfection, and Detailing Dynamics. We do pay for sponsoring these boards.

Conclusion the more advise the merry, but if you want to sell a product please sponsor the board and support.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Grouse
I never said it was not worth me being a sponsor. I said 25 members in the Seattle area do not warrant a 5k price tag. I do not resell, I do not ship. I simply offer my verbal and personal help/support.

I have been polite and kind in all of my responses. I do my best to put what insight i have into concise form. I have referred people to both you and phil. I may have a different process than you moe, that does not mean i think yours is wrong. Nor would i council a person to Disregard what you or phil have to say. Most people who come here come to learn, I strive to help them.

I simply do not have anything to sell them, It would be a different story if i was selling product and shipping it. I would agree that it would be fair for me to pay the 5g. Though, i could market my information and answers. say link them to a paypal account and charge for every time i answer someones question. < just kidding.

For what it is worth moe i did not consider this bickering at all. I thought it a good conversation. As you are right, much of the info out there is complete and utter BS. You do not want some half baked production shop detailer dropping in here and giving horrible advice or worse yet selling horrible details or products. I took the opportunity to start the discussion about what would be reasonable, and prudent for a professional such as my self to do or say.

Take care and enjoy the game this weekend.
Said like a true professional. Your input here is of value; no doubt. I'm trying to get the consumer to understand that a "detailer" should mean something. Not anyone calls themselves a Doctor; if they do and have a practice without the proper credentials, they end up in jail. Our industry is one of no regulation, no governing body, and no standard. We're the future of the detailing industry. We can learn from those in the past, perfect the present, and be an integral part of the future. This means that ethics has to be the foundation.

With that said, over time, by giving excellent advice, a typical professional detailer will become well-known here and respected. There is no need to show pictures of cars detailed, pictures of products, promoting other "well-known" persons, etc. Focus on YOUR style and give the best advice YOU can. In time, you'll find that the members will respond to you and will request your services by name. If someone wants to see your work, your website should be the portfolio.

How do I know this works.....you're looking at a sponsor. For years all I did was give the best advice I knew. Only two posts ever had cars I detailed; and that was to purely educate. People began to try those techniques and saw that it worked. That gained trust. With trust comes responsibility. A responsibility that means you put your opinions aside, and give logical and undisputed facts. Consumers are bombarded by hype, marketing, etc. They need people they can trust. My word and ethics is all I have. This is why Glistening Perfection is so successful and has a bright future. I focused on doing the best work I knew how and by being honest to myself and my clients. The rest is up to destiny.

I look forward to seeing you become a fellow sponsor. My door has always been open to those that seek advice and knowledge based on experience and hard work.