Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Detailing a Harley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:20 PM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
Detailing a Harley

I just bought a Harley, and would like to hear some advice for protecting it. Thoughts?

Old 05-22-2008, 05:38 PM
J_Edwards will become famous soon enoughJ_Edwards will become famous soon enough
I would find a good Wax, and Chrome Polish first and foremost. That and possibly some Optimum No Rinse for an easy wash after a ride. I am sure that others will chime in with a million other suggestions, but I would look for those key areas first most likely.

For a wax I am a fan of P21S 100% and Pinnacle Souveran
As for chrome polish there are tons and tons out there, just check out AutoGeek and your Harley Dealer and see what they recommend for chrome polishing and blue removal from pipes.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Zaks will become famous soon enoughZaks will become famous soon enough
As **** I am about detailing cars and keeping my car as perfect as possible, my bike will simply not receive the same treatment... on a car, hopefully, you touch the door handle and very few other visible painted areas, so keeping up with proper maintenance is quite simple, just use good products and techniques while washing and drying pretty much. On the bike however, there is always something sliding across the tank.. my gloves before putting them on, helmet, g/f's gloves when we're riding, jacket when I'm riding, etc. etc. so I tend to not worry much about swirl marks on the bike...

I do clean it regularly (washed it only 1 time since I bought it last July) with quick detailer, and all purpose cleaners for underneath/dirty stuff.... wax it regularly, clay every couple months and dress all plastic, leather, vinyl with 303...

As mentioned above, find quality products and use them as often as possible/recommended to keep it clean, rather than waiting for the bike to get dirty, then trying to make it perfect again... it just gets harder and harder

Oh and I have a sport bike, I can't even imagine cleaning all the little chrome and polished nook sand crannies on a harley... good luck

Old 05-22-2008, 10:38 PM
JoshVette is on a distinguished road
Get a leaf blower or something similar to dry it with, should help get hard to reach areas dry.