Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Most Expensive Car Wash???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 04:21 PM
European is a splendid one to beholdEuropean is a splendid one to beholdEuropean is a splendid one to beholdEuropean is a splendid one to beholdEuropean is a splendid one to beholdEuropean is a splendid one to beholdEuropean is a splendid one to behold
Most Expensive Car Wash???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LSle_WgexQ

Old 05-21-2008, 06:10 PM
J_Edwards will become famous soon enoughJ_Edwards will become famous soon enough
Yup, that's Paul Dalton.

He does excellent work, but he is pricey. I can't wait to get my hands on his new wax and give it a go.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Zaks will become famous soon enoughZaks will become famous soon enough

Old 05-22-2008, 07:38 AM
JoshVette is on a distinguished road
I'm sure Paul's a great detailer no doubt, but give credit to his marketing team for really knowing how to spice him up even more.

A lot of the techniques he uses are no different then myself or Moe, he just documents things differently like on his laptop like paint thickness measurements, lists all of his steps like his 61 step wash, and has camera's rolling a lot.

Great detailer, better marketing though.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Pats300zx is on a distinguished road
A lot of the techniques he uses are no different then myself or Moe
Josh I would have to say that his techinques are mirrored by most of the professional detailers here on 6 Speed. The techniques are pretty common sense and set up apart from the "hacks" that offer low budget detail work.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:50 AM
bigman is on a distinguished road
Marketing talent for sure. I've seen that video posted on every car site I go to over the last year or so.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:05 AM
auto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to behold
Paul Dalton

At least Paul can correct paint, remember the guy who was on MTV a few years ago who was the "detailer to the stars" who put evian water in the windshield washer container.............................. or the guy who uses 24 carat gold infused wax, and while you are having the car pampered you can enjoy a COMPLIMENTARY bottle of Kristal !! some people will always bite on hype when someone markets thier goods or services as ultra exclusive, look at Ferrari and how they get away with incredible quality gaffs but they sell EVERY CAR THEY MAKE or salons with celebrity hairdressers charging 10k for a haircut and the dumb b-hills housewives line right up because "Jennifer Aniston uses him" and I can look like a star as well.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:15 AM
J_Edwards will become famous soon enoughJ_Edwards will become famous soon enough
Having that type of hype surrounding your work can't be a bad thing, but it is dependent on what gives you that hype.

As it was said before, at least Paul has the hype surrounding him because he does good work. I wouldn't mind one bit if the b-hills housewives wanted to shell out ridiculous money for the hype that I was the best.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by auto concierge
At least Paul can correct paint.
I completely agree.. I never doubted him as a detailer as it seems he's extremely knowledgeable and good at what he does, it just irks me when his 61 step process is mentioned as some detailing miracle (pun intended)...

I posted in another thread about my 168 step process of waking up, getting legs out of bed, getting *** off of bed, scratching *****, etc..

Old 05-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Baracuda is on a distinguished road
Do people really pay him that much ?!

Old 05-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Former Vendor
Dtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by lecchilo
I
I posted in another thread about my 168 step process of waking up, getting legs out of bed, getting *** off of bed, scratching *****, etc..
Now that's !!!

Old 05-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by lecchilo
I completely agree.. I never doubted him as a detailer as it seems he's extremely knowledgeable and good at what he does, it just irks me when his 61 step process is mentioned as some detailing miracle (pun intended)...

I like PD so I'm not attacking him but if you've ever seen a print out of his 61 steps, half of the steps are rinsing and drying and not actual techniques.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Baracuda
Do people really pay him that much ?!

Yes they do.

They make it sound as if he's washing a car for $5000, but in reality he's washing, claying, polishing all swirls and defects out of the paint, detailing interior and engine bay. Average work time for something like that could easily be 10-12 hours, but include all his measurements and reading and info put into the computer figure 15-20 hours.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:34 PM
All of his big money details take days, if not weeks. Although his hourly rate is through the roof, he does make sure that the car is perfect when he is done. So his work is unquestionably first rate.

Now the question is if his hourly rate is justified in terms of his superiority to other top notch detailers in the UK like Clark at Polished Bliss. He doesn't charge anywhere near as much and his work is amazing as well.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by JoshVette
I like PD so I'm not attacking him but if you've ever seen a print out of his 61 steps, half of the steps are rinsing and drying and not actual techniques.
Don't make me explain ball scratching in 6 steps

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Most Expensive Car Wash???