Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Zymol Glasur "Porsche Wax"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 06:59 AM
DetailerMan is on a distinguished road
Zymol Glasur "Porsche Wax"

So whats the deal with Zymol's Glasur Porsche Wax. Is this wax for real or is it some sort of marketing tactic?

Whats different about this wax from say a Carbon or Creame Wax (or any other brand for that matter)?

Whats special about the Porsche finish that it needs a special wax?

Thanks You.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
It is designed for Glasurit paint. I use the Glasur all the time, it's fantastic.

John

Old 05-18-2009, 06:34 PM
slanguage is on a distinguished road
It depends on how you want to look at it. Some see it as a marketing tactic, while others may not. There are some waxes on the market that are "formulated" for different finishes, since each manufacturer doesn't use the same paint or process.

I think Glasur is a great wax, especially on Black paint. I like it, and it's easy to use.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:44 PM
BADBRUNO will become famous soon enough
Does this wax work with machine application Porter Cable 7424? Does mercedes Benz use Glasur paint also ?

Old 06-10-2009, 02:52 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
A wax, unlike a polymer, has no chemical interaction (molecular bonding) with paint, so perhaps someone could explain how/why a certain wax is matched to a specific paint?

Old 06-10-2009, 06:20 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TOGWT
A wax, unlike a polymer, has no chemical interaction (molecular bonding) with paint, so perhaps someone could explain how/why a certain wax is matched to a specific paint?
I never really understood a "marquee" brand of wax. Hence why I never sold them. You're better off getting a wax like Zymol Concours or Swissvax Concorso. They can be used on ALL paints...not that Glasur couldn't be used on ALL paints either. It's just good marketing to the Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, etc. crowd.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Former Vendor
Dtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the rough
Very good and logical point. The problem is that most people are emotional and not logical. So I guess Mr. Spock would not use the Glasur. And the true answer is that it is marketing and that is what makes the world go around.

Matt

Old 06-10-2009, 10:08 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dtlng. Dynamics
Very good and logical point. The problem is that most people are emotional and not logical. So I guess Mr. Spock would not use the Glasur. And the true answer is that it is marketing and that is what makes the world go around.

Matt
I have been likened to Mr Spock before, as I tend to judge things using logic as opposed to emotion.
The aesthetics of a vehicles appearance is often based on an emotional reaction, which is very subjective to say the least

Last edited by TOGWT; 06-10-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor
Dtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the rough
I have been likened to Mr Spock before, as I tend to judge things using logic as opposed to emotion.
The aesthetics of a vehicles appearance is often based on an emotional reaction, which is very subjective to say the least
Live long and prosper my friend.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:42 PM
muerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to all
"Does this wax work with machine application Porter Cable 7424? Does mercedes Benz use Glasur paint also ?"

This question worries me a little bit. With all the great easy on, easy off options, why would you apply a wax with a PC? I have heard of some using a machine to buff off some really hard carnubas...but for application?

Maybe I am missing the boat somehow, but waxing is all about smearing some goop on the paint...no need for heavy pressure or 10 million cycles with a machine...you then remove all but a thin film of the goop...the thin layer of goop protects the paint. It has nothing to do with smoothing the surface or modifying the paint in any way.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:40 AM
A machine application enables a thin even layer of wax / sealant.

For the purist -
Spatial reflection – [: law of reflection says that for smooth surfaces, the angle at which light is incident on the surface equals the angle at which it is reflected.] the perfect, mirror-like reflection of light from a surface, in which light from a single incoming direction is reflected into a single outgoing direction. The best example of spatial reflection is seen when reflected from a flat level surface

For others –
A thin layer of wax / sealant is all that is required, with polymer; it cannot be emphasized enough ‘Apply products very sparingly’ Ease of product removal is inversely proportional (less product easier removal) to the amount used

Old 06-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by muerdeme
"Does this wax work with machine application Porter Cable 7424? Does mercedes Benz use Glasur paint also ?"

This question worries me a little bit. With all the great easy on, easy off options, why would you apply a wax with a PC? I have heard of some using a machine to buff off some really hard carnubas...but for application?

Maybe I am missing the boat somehow, but waxing is all about smearing some goop on the paint...no need for heavy pressure or 10 million cycles with a machine...you then remove all but a thin film of the goop...the thin layer of goop protects the paint. It has nothing to do with smoothing the surface or modifying the paint in any way.
Liquid waxes are better applied with a soft pad and a polisher. Paste waxes, like the zymol glasur, are better applied by hand using a foam applicator.

As far as I know, Mercedes uses PPG and Standox as their paint; not glasurit.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:27 PM
DetailerMan is on a distinguished road
I just bought the Glasur wax from www.MyAutoCarCare.com

I can't express how impressed I am with the wax. I have always used the Carbon wax and thought the Glasur was just a gimick. Definatly not. If you own a Porsche, you should defiantly spend a little more for this wax.