Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

11-step detail guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 06:13 PM
DetailerMan is on a distinguished road
11-step detail guide

Hi. I saw a post that referenced Moe's 11-step detail guide. Is there a link anyone could direct me to? Any other good threads about detailing guides would be great as well. I am not new to detailing but am looking to take it to the next level.

Edit: I currently use mostly P21S and Zymol products.

Thanks

Last edited by DetailerMan; 05-16-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor
Detailed Image will become famous soon enoughDetailed Image will become famous soon enough
We have a pretty extensive auto detailing guide on our site.

If you have any questions on anything, please do not hesitate to ask.

George

Old 05-19-2009, 01:37 AM
blitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Detailed Image
We have a pretty extensive auto detailing guide on our site.

If you have any questions on anything, please do not hesitate to ask.

George
wow awesome. great resource. love it.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:38 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Great information....however I have one question: You have a section on waxing with carnuba wax but do not have anything on synthetic waxes. You do have a section on sealants. Is sealant your term for synthetic waxes?

Old 05-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
Detailed Image will become famous soon enoughDetailed Image will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Great information....however I have one question: You have a section on waxing with carnuba wax but do not have anything on synthetic waxes. You do have a section on sealants. Is sealant your term for synthetic waxes?
You got it. Sealants are typically made of synthetic polymers and typically last anywhere from 3 - 6 months, where most natural carnauba waxes have a life of about 3 - 8 weeks. To get the best of both worlds in terms of durability and the looks department, many enthusiasts and detailers will apply a sealant first for the durability, then top it with a carnauba wax for added depth and gloss to the paint. The key to doing this is allowing the sealant to cure for 24 hours before applying your coat of wax on top. This will ensure maximum durability and bonding to your paint out of the synthetic sealant.

Hope this helps clear things up. If you have any other questions on anything let me know.

George

Old 05-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thank you, George, excellent answer. I normally just want my cars to look good on a day to day basis. If I really wanted something special, then I would use a carnuba wax on top of my Glanz or NXT synthetic, right?

Old 11-29-2009, 04:36 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold

Check out these Technical Detailing Papers on http://tinyurl.com/nc89vq lots of good unbiased information to help you as you begin detailing.
Detailing 101, The Basics - http://tinyurl.com/nhksvk

Last edited by TOGWT; 11-29-2009 at 04:43 AM.