Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Detailing Ferrari 360 Modena Engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 01:45 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Detailing Ferrari 360 Modena Engine

I've read the thread on detailing an engine bay, yet the 360 engine bay is a bit different - is it safe to spray degreaser on the exposed engine parts/tubes? And then hose it off? Also there is some wiring back there dealing with the taillights and what not... Are these areas okay to get water on? I'm hoping to get to it tomorrow but am worried about some areas... Any help? Thanks!

Old 09-14-2009, 06:24 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
I've read the thread on detailing an engine bay, yet the 360 engine bay is a bit different - is it safe to spray degreaser on the exposed engine parts/tubes? And then hose it off? Also there is some wiring back there dealing with the taillights and what not... Are these areas okay to get water on? I'm hoping to get to it tomorrow but am worried about some areas... Any help? Thanks!
You're not going to have any issues washing the engine on a 360. Just follow this routine:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2343748

Old 09-14-2009, 09:44 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
You're not going to have any issues washing the engine on a 360. Just follow this routine:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2343748
Thanks Moe - Gave it a shot today, engine is good and clean!

Used Mr. Clean filtered water... Not as good as CR Spotless, but i figured it's better then nothing

Old 09-15-2009, 01:28 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
Thanks Moe - Gave it a shot today, engine is good and clean!

Used Mr. Clean filtered water... Not as good as CR Spotless, but i figured it's better then nothing
Glad I could help. After all the stuff you're doing to that 360, we gotta see some photos soon. Looking forward to it.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Glad I could help. After all the stuff you're doing to that 360, we gotta see some photos soon. Looking forward to it.
Haha, the photo department is where i become lazy, lol

Videos on the other hand... www.YouTube.com/F360Dave