Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Newbie detailing suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 05:37 PM
299moto is on a distinguished road
Newbie detailing suggestions

OK-

My new cab is the first car Ive cleaned myself in 15 years!

Anyone try any of the Griot's Garage stuff?

Any other suggestions for quik clean/wax juice?

Thanks

Off to clean wheels,

Again.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:55 PM
cherzra will become famous soon enoughcherzra will become famous soon enough
I'd recommend heading over to www.autopia.org, the best detailing forum I know of. They have some "how to" sections on the website and sticked useful threads. Lots of good advice there.

Griot's garage is good stuff, I have some of their items.

If you drive the car a lot, get a synthetic wax. If it is a weekend drive that always sits in a garage, get carnauba. Carnauba looks best but it doesn't last long compared to synthetic when you expose the car to the elements.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Griot's products aren't bad, but you can find better at the same price. Are you looking for products to maintain your car like washing, or do you want to do a full detail such as claying, polishing, and waxing.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cherzra
I'd recommend heading over to www.autopia.org, the best detailing forum I know of. They have some "how to" sections on the website and sticked useful threads. Lots of good advice there.

Griot's garage is good stuff, I have some of their items.

If you drive the car a lot, get a synthetic wax. If it is a weekend drive that always sits in a garage, get carnauba. Carnauba looks best but it doesn't last long compared to synthetic when you expose the car to the elements.
No doubt that autopia.org is a great detailing forum....but I happen to think us sponsors work really hard to educate fellow 6speeder and point them in the right direction. I'm sure I speak for all of us, but you gotta support your fellow 6speeders

Old 09-16-2009, 08:30 AM
299moto is on a distinguished road
Mainly occasional wax & between wash wipe down stuff. Also easiest wheel cleaning stuff for the constant brake dust. Car is garaged & drivin 2x a week.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by 299moto
Mainly occasional wax & between wash wipe down stuff. Also easiest wheel cleaning stuff for the constant brake dust. Car is garaged & drivin 2x a week.
Very simple then....

We have two basic kits that would be perfect for you:

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...Wax-Kit/Detail

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...sh-Kits/Detail

This will take care of the first major detail, and future major ones. Between washes, just use this spray wax:

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...nish%2C/Detail

The wheel kit is a simple one that has the cleaner and the brushes you'll need to make you life easier.

Don't forget to use the free shipping code when ordering.

Does this help?