Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Wax for black cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 08:14 AM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
Wax for black cars

My brother and I just picked up a black 997TT and over the weekend I cleaned it up (wash,clay and wax). Is there a particular wax for black cars that applies easy and comes off easy? I noticed when I was pulling the wax off that I had to apply extra effort to remove what looked like areas that were "darker"/"residue" on the paint. The car has 5,400 miles and clean paint.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:58 AM
JoshVette is on a distinguished road
What wax are you currently using?

Personally I really like Black fire wet diamond. Easy on off and lasts a long time. looks good too.

Josh

Old 08-30-2010, 12:49 PM
kaotic504 has a spectacular aura aboutkaotic504 has a spectacular aura aboutkaotic504 has a spectacular aura about
i've used P21S 100%, it's very easy on and off, but i'm not too impressed w/ the results. i think i'm expecting too much from it though. it would probably look better on "black black" than a metallic black. i don't think i layered it enough. i only put on 1 coat of wax.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:03 PM
HRD SEL is on a distinguished road
PacMan: The car should really be polished before being waxed. If not feasible, I have always had great success with Zaino Z5 Pro. It is very easy to use.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:26 PM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
I use Souveran Paste and it is very easy on and off. Leaves a great wet shine and I get compliments on the car all the time. On another one of my black cars, I use Four Star ultimate Paint Protection (sealant) followed up with the Souveran. I've also recently tried a sample of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint sealant 3.0 and was very impressed. It didn't go on as easily as the 4* or the Souveran, but so far it seems to have outlasted the 4* and has a nice deep gloss to it as well.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:46 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
As said above, the key is to polish the car, as that is what really brings out the shine. If you don't want/can't polish the car, use a glaze followed by wax. I've used Poorboy's Black Hole Glaze and was happy with the results.

I use to use Souveran paste, but I'm liking the Dodo Juice Purple Haze. I think it gives the black a little more pop.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:46 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PacMan Z
My brother and I just picked up a black 997TT and over the weekend I cleaned it up (wash,clay and wax). Is there a particular wax for black cars that applies easy and comes off easy? I noticed when I was pulling the wax off that I had to apply extra effort to remove what looked like areas that were "darker"/"residue" on the paint. The car has 5,400 miles and clean paint.
Congrats on the Turbo!

Can you be a bit more specific on your routine. What clay, polish, and wax did you use? What look are you going for? Waxes are simply an "icing on the cake" and it's up to you if you like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, etc. If you want more shine, gloss, and pop, then a synthetic wax is your choice. If you want depth, jetness of colour, and warm look, while having shine and gloss, then a carnauba is your answer. The carnaubas won't have the blinding gloss and shine that the synthetics have, but they are much better at being clear. I believe synthetics reflect back 80% of the light and carnaubas reflect 100%. That's why you have the depth and definition.

As for a black car, there are many factors than the wax. What polish you used, how well you clayed, the humidity in the air, the ambient temperature, can all play a role in why it was difficult to remove the wax. So, answer the questions below, and we can point you in the right direction:

1. What clay did you use?
2. What polish did you use?
3. What wax did you use?
4. How did you apply polish and wax?
5. What were external factors that were weather related?
6. What "look" are you wanting.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by seattle_sun
As said above, the key is to polish the car, as that is what really brings out the shine. If you don't want/can't polish the car, use a glaze followed by wax. I've used Poorboy's Black Hole Glaze and was happy with the results.

I use to use Souveran paste, but I'm liking the Dodo Juice Purple Haze. I think it gives the black a little more pop.
+1 Dodo Juice Purple Haze looks amazing on black. Very easy on and easy off, and offers great durability. Dodo Juice waxes are very nice to work with, as you can layer them easily after only an hour or two between coats.

John

Old 09-08-2010, 02:00 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
if OP doesn't mind me jumping into this thread, I have a similar question.
I just purchased a 997 C2S with 26k miles. it's black/black and has paint protection clear bra covering half the hood and front of the car. The paint is in great condition however there are swirl marks all over the car and even on the clear bra. Dealer has offered to get the car detailed by a professional and promised me that it will look almost new. I am hoping that they will but I'll have to keep it up afterwords and wanted to see what is the process I should follow and which product I should be using?

Old 09-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by simtiaz
I just purchased a 997 C2S with 26k miles. it's black/black and has paint protection clear bra covering half the hood and front of the car. The paint is in great condition however there are swirl marks all over the car and even on the clear bra. Dealer has offered to get the car detailed by a professional and promised me that it will look almost new. I am hoping that they will but I'll have to keep it up afterwords and wanted to see what is the process I should follow and which product I should be using?
Be sure to find out which detailer the dealer is using. It's very important that a competent detailer performs the paint correction on your black 997. If the swirls are very heavy in a clear mask, sometimes they can not be fully removed, but made worse by a sloppy detailer. If you are looking to do a little maintenance yourself, our Cyclo Polisher is one of the easiest to use machines on the market. The smaller sized pads used on the cyclo are great for polishing even the tighest of areas on your Porsche, i.e. A-Pillars. I recommend Menzerna polishes, as they will correct your paintwork without filling in scratches, and a premium quality Dodo Juice wax for protection.

John

Old 09-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by simtiaz
I highly suggest you do not use the dealership recommended detailer. 9 times out of 10 the car will come back in worse condition.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Danger Granger is on a distinguished road
i've used Poorboys Natty's Blue. While it smelled AMAZING....i wasn't too impressed with the results. Just a heads up.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Jl4punch2 will become famous soon enough
make sure the car is clayed before waxing.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:09 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Anyone here have experience with Dodo Juice Crystal Noir? Only sold in the UK, but it is possible to purchase it and have it shipped to the states.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:53 PM
agentf1 will become famous soon enoughagentf1 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by HRD SEL
PacMan: The car should really be polished before being waxed. If not feasible, I have always had great success with Zaino Z5 Pro. It is very easy to use.
I have to agree, for black I really like Zaino the best and prefer Z5p for the darker colors.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wax for black cars