Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

"Rinsing" HP Washer after CR Spotless?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 01:32 PM
JoeinLA is on a distinguished road
"Rinsing" HP Washer after CR Spotless?

Just to start a new thread on this, it sounds like you need to "rinse" your HP washer after using the CR spotless...?

Any thoughts on how thorough this needs to be? Can I just plug the HP washer into the regular water hose and then spray it a little bit (water the trees I guess :P )? Or do I need to do a more thorough rinsing out (e.g., spray the thing for 20 mins or something...)?

Thanks!

Last edited by JoeinLA; 01-19-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Greg Nichols is on a distinguished road
I'm the one with this recommendation......

I just clean up the area afterwards with the washer, you know push the debris to the lawn, wash down the soap on the driveway, nothing too OCD.

If you wash down like I do, it takes 3 min which with my PW will put out 2.5 gallons per min.....that seems to do the trick for me.

Cheers,
GREG

Old 01-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Centauro97 is a jewel in the roughCentauro97 is a jewel in the roughCentauro97 is a jewel in the roughCentauro97 is a jewel in the rough
[quote=JoeinLA;3098936]Just to start a new thread on this, it sounds like you need to "rinse" your HP washer after using the CR spotless...?[quote]

Purge your pump after washing with either distilled water or one of the PW products. No need to run the motor (assuming you have a gas motor) to purge the pump, just pull the cord to turn the engine over enough to cycle it through the pump. My pump is going on 6 years now without a problem.

The calcium and magnesium from hard water are no better on the brass in your pump than the sodium from the softener. Lose/lose either way unless the tap water is so soft there's nothing to "soften" to begin with.