Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Former Vendor
Nick@Autogeek is on a distinguished road
Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread

At Autogeek, we specialize in car care and auto detailing. Our courteous staff of technical advisers consists of detailing enthusiasts and professional detailers and our team of car care experts are happy to answer your questions! We'll help you find auto care solutions so that you can achieve the ultimate show car shine.

As a forum sponsor, we would like to offer our guidance and assistance and answer any questions that you may have. Introducing “Ask The Autogeek!” By posting questions and answers in this thread, this will create an archive of valuable information for other forum members and guests to see, so you’ll be helping others as well!

Need answers right now? We can help with that too! Autogeek.net is your source for the most in depth and comprehensive car care information on the internet. We have detailing guides, how to articles and informative videos to get you started in the right direction! These are just a few of the informative links that you will find at Autogeek.net:

Autogeek University – Auto Detailing Facts, Tips & Tricks

Dual Action Orbital Polishing Guide

Download & View Autogeek Car Care Handbooks & Videos

Customer Comments & Reviews

We are looking forward to helping you achieve the results that you are looking for. So go ahead, ask away! We welcome your questions and will work hard to provide quality answers that you need to get the best detail possible.

Use coupon code 6speed for 10% off your orders at Autogeek.net!

*Coupon valid on in stock items. Not applicable on previously placed orders, custom or special order items, polishers & polisher kits, vacuums, carpet extractors, garage flooring, gift certificates, or complete wash systems. One coupon code per order.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Former Vendor
Nick@Autogeek is on a distinguished road
I have been getting a lot of PM's lately regarding products and tech help. Sometimes the same question is asked by several different people. If everyone would post their questions in this thread, it can be viewed by everyone and some questions may already have been asked and then answered by the experts here at Autogeek.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:14 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Cool stuff. I watched some of the tutorials yesterday. Quite helpful and informative. Thx for sharing.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:23 AM
badges2 is on a distinguished road
I have a 2000 Porsche 911 C2. The center console has a black coating of it which is beginning to scratch off in some areas. I'm not sure if it's paint or what because the plastic underneath is also black. I'm familiar with a lot of Ferraris and Lambos getting a gummy coating on their buttons, but this is not that extreme. Would you recommend leaving it alone, stripping it off and leaving the base black plastic, or stripping and repainting? I can post pics later if needed.

My second question is regarding the INSIDE of my exhaust tips. I have the upgraded tips and the exterior of the tips is fine, however, the inside of the pipes has a lot of residue and seems destined to be black and sooty forever! What product might get the inside of the tips as shiny as out!

Thanks for any advice! Neil

Last edited by badges2; 03-12-2011 at 07:29 AM.