Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Should I Clay My Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 04:50 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
If I may make another suggestion for the wax...Sonax Liquid Wax.

We use to use Glanz on all our basic details, and now use Sonax Nano Liquid Wax. The level of protection and depth we get from the Sonax is far superior to the Glanz. What's nice about the Sonax is that it's a Nano Carnauba formula...not sure if there's another product like it on the market. So it gives you the best of both worlds. Protection of a sealant and the warmth and depth of a carnauba.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...uid-Wax/Detail

You can also get SIP from us Jim

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...sive%2C/Detail

Old 03-16-2011, 03:12 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
If I may make another suggestion for the wax...Sonax Liquid Wax.

We use to use Glanz on all our basic details, and now use Sonax Nano Liquid Wax. The level of protection and depth we get from the Sonax is far superior to the Glanz. What's nice about the Sonax is that it's a Nano Carnauba formula...not sure if there's another product like it on the market. So it gives you the best of both worlds. Protection of a sealant and the warmth and depth of a carnauba.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...uid-Wax/Detail

You can also get SIP from us Jim

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...sive%2C/Detail
Moe:

Cool. I will try the Sonax Liquid Wax when I run low on the Glanz. I like experimenting with new products. It makes the hobby more exciting! I'll buy some in May prior to my next detail session. I assume it goes on and comes off as easy as Glanz.

BTW, below are some pics from my recent work. Pics are taken indoors with florescent lighting. Still too cold and wet to drive her!

Process entailed washing the car with CR Spotless (my favorite detail toy of ALL time), Detailed Image Clay Bar with Chemical Guys lube, Meguires Ultra Cut Compound on areas that needed major correction used with Lake Country orange pad, Menzerna SIP used with Lake Country gray pad, Menzerna Final Polish II used with Glistening Perfection White pad followed by Glanz Wax used with Glistening Perfection red pad. All applied using Porter Cable. I am real happy with the results. I went around the car with a halogen light afterwords and there are no swirls, etc. The clay definitely makes the polish process better. Less friction around the wheel areas. I'm very happy I did it.

BTW, sorry for the bad pics. Photography is NOT my strong suit.

Adam

Attached Images      
Old 03-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alevine
Moe:

Cool. I will try the Sonax Liquid Wax when I run low on the Glanz. I like experimenting with new products. It makes the hobby more exciting! I'll buy some in May prior to my next detail session. I assume it goes on and comes off as easy as Glanz.

BTW, below are some pics from my recent work. Pics are taken indoors with florescent lighting. Still too cold and wet to drive her!

Process entailed washing the car with CR Spotless (my favorite detail toy of ALL time), Detailed Image Clay Bar with Chemical Guys lube, Meguires Ultra Cut Compound on areas that needed major correction used with Lake Country orange pad, Menzerna SIP used with Lake Country gray pad, Menzerna Final Polish II used with Glistening Perfection White pad followed by Glanz Wax used with Glistening Perfection red pad. All applied using Porter Cable. I am real happy with the results. I went around the car with a halogen light afterwords and there are no swirls, etc. The clay definitely makes the polish process better. Less friction around the wheel areas. I'm very happy I did it.

BTW, sorry for the bad pics. Photography is NOT my strong suit.

Adam
She looks absolutely stunning Adam. Thanks for sharing.