Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Plastic Polish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 08:40 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Plastic Polish

Does someone have a suggestion for clearing up a few hairline scratches on the speedometer gauge? Nothing that I can catch my finger on...probably caused previously wiping.

bob

Old 05-06-2011, 02:46 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Instrument (Gauges) Cluster Screen

After washing and drying the surface; use Plexus® Plastic Cleaner to clean and protect the surface. It will seal the tint material and keep it clean. It contains anti-static so it repels the dust and dirt normally attracted to plastic.

It also leaves an invisible, micro-thin layer of protection, sealing the porous surface, making it more resistant to dirt, dust and other contaminants. Regular use will help prevent crazing, yellowing and oxidation which diminishes the plastic's lustre, and appearance, non-streaking, and it dries crystal clear.

Surface Scratches - plastic polish will not remove clarity defects that are within the plastic but it will remove external/surface scratching and oxidation (yellowing). Prior to application of a plastic polish ensure that the surface is clean and free from dust particles by washing with a soft cloth and warm water.

Be cognizant that a highly abrasive cleaner may impair any anti-glare/reflective coating.

Use a plastic polish that is safe for all types of clear and coloured (polycarbonate) type plastics i.e. Lexan, Perspex, Lucite and most clear acrylics - Novus 1, 2 or 3

Novus 1 - gently cleans all plastics without scratching, leaves a lustrous shine that resists fogging, repels dust, and eliminates static.
Novus 2 - removes fine scratches, haziness, and abrasions from most plastics (exceptional for removing scratches from Plexiglas). Use repeatedly and restore faded and discoloured plastics.
Novus 3 -removes heavy scratches and abrasions from most acrylic surfaces.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for Plexus. Perfect for what you want. The only time I use anything moderately abrasive on plastic is for headlight covers.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:59 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I actually wrote one of the first reviews of Novus 1, 2, and 3 when I owned an Acura Integra and was an co-editor of integra.vtec.net. I was wondering if there is anything else new has come out?

bob