Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Tech question on wax smoothness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 02:45 AM
rock300 is on a distinguished road
Tech question on wax smoothness

I washed and applied Collinite wax onto a newly purchased 2013 Mercedes CLS63 AMG with 47k miles. When I run my hand across the paint, it doesn't feel as slick and look as glossy as when I've waxed other vehicles. I've tried amateur detailing all of my cars and this is the first time I've experienced this. I don't think this is simply due to contaminants.

Could the paint just be that much more thirsty for more wax?

I am planning on a full detail soon.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor
Dan@AQS is on a distinguished road
What did you do prior to applying the wax?

Old 02-26-2016, 02:07 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
I believe it could definitely be due to contaminants on the paint surface. Clay a spot and then re-wax that are and see if you can tell a difference.

A saying I truly believe in: It's all in the prep!

Let us know!

Old 02-26-2016, 04:29 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest
I believe it could definitely be due to contaminants on the paint surface. Clay a spot and then re-wax that are and see if you can tell a difference.

A saying I truly believe in: It's all in the prep!

Let us know!
I completely agree!

Old 02-26-2016, 08:35 PM
I was pondering upon this post while bored in a meeting and it occurred to me that I described paint with lots of contaminants. I didn't recognize the feeling because I've never detailed such a "dirty" car. Also, the paint still looks really nice so it's deceiving.

All I did was wash and wipe with quick detailer spray before waxing. I've become lazy.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:20 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
^^^LOL! Best use of time while bored in a meeting! 6speedonline! Yeah!

Now come on...don't get lazy on us! Break out that clay and do it up!

How do you like the CLS?

Old 02-26-2016, 11:49 PM
The CLS63 AMG is an amazing 4door/4seater with raging emotion. I have the performance package and premium 1 package. I like to play with the night vision. It's a cool gadget to show off..haha.

Test drove Maserati Ghibli and it doesn't feel like it can compete in the same category as the the AMG. Maserati engine sounds nice but the AMG V8 growl is on point. I like the emotion the Ghibli exudes; however, the AMG provides that and the total all around package as well. Ghibli is priced too high in my opinion anyway.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:59 PM
^^^Thanks for the feedback. Some pics sometime!!!

Old 03-03-2016, 03:38 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Buy Iron X and some clay and go to town.