Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Opti-Coat FAQ In Layman's Terms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 07:42 AM
Former Vendor
Dan@AQS is on a distinguished road
Opti-Coat FAQ In Layman's Terms

Forget about the chemistry and scientific words that few understand. This is Opti-Coat PRO in layman's terms!

What is Opti-Coat PRO?

Opti-Coat is a clear liquid coating that is applied by hand and designed to permanently bond to clear coated surfaces. It protects factory paintwork from damage or etching from water spots, bird droppings, bug splatter, acid rain, industrial fall out; or UV damage / oxidation- far outperforming traditional waxes and paint sealants currently on the market today.

Who is it for?

Those who want permanent gloss and shine with little maintenance. Those who not only want their cars to stay cleaner longer, but also want dirt and road grime to come off with little effort! This means no more harsh chemicals such as degreasers, wheel cleaners, or bug/ tar removers. Anyone who wants the paint on their car to be protected from etching and paint damage from water spots, bird droppings, bug splatter, acid rain, industrial fall out; or UV damage / oxidation.

How long does Opti-Coat last?

Opti-Coat is designed to be permanent when applied to clear coated surfaces.

What maintenance is required?

We recommend routine hand washing using Optimum Car Wash or Optimum No Rinse. Paint sealants and/ or waxes are no longer needed after Opti-Coat is applied.

Does Opti-Coat need to be reapplied?

NO. Opti-Coat is a one and done coating. No boosters or reapplications are required.

Does Opti-Coat come with a warranty?

Yes, please visit http://opticoat.com/page/warranty-terms for details.

How is Opti-Coat different from other coatings on the market?

• Opti-Coat is currently the only coating that permanently bonds with the clear coat to become one layer.
• The chemical makeup of Opti-Coat and the way it bonds to the clear coat makes it extremely chemical resistant.
• Opti-Coat is the only coating composed of Silicon Carbide making it harder than other coatings.
• Opti-Coat reaches maximum gloss after about 7 days and maintains that gloss over time.
• Opti-Coat has been in use for 10 years as of 2016.

Last edited by Dan@AQS; 03-29-2016 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:33 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I hear good stuff, I used the UK quartz which may be similar but Opticoat may last longer??? Maybe someone can state differences.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:31 AM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cerbomark
I hear good stuff, I used the UK quartz which may be similar but Opticoat may last longer??? Maybe someone can state differences.
Mark, hope all is well...IMHO these permanent coatings are variations of each other regardless of manufacturer, etc. ( they all have had good claims and warranties) as the technology with nanocoatings etc become ever increasing, we will see many of these on the market.

Which type the installers use is up to them (preference/ experience etc with a product), but I think finding one that stands by their work who's reputable and does the initial prep thoroughly with paint correction is the vital step prior to applying these coatings.

That being said I just had my Diamond White MB done with Ceramic Pro, the lifetime warranty package.. Everyone's mileage will vary but since the Benz is my daily driver, I love how all the bird droppings and evironmental pollution along with everyday road tar just beads' off with an I initial rinse even before my washing it. Prior to that every time a rain storm comes by it leaves the car dirty or riddles with some water spot residue, now after the rain the car looks almost just washed and always shiney (even on a metallic pearl white colored car as mine)

I opted for the lifetime warranty gold package, just for the sole purpose that IF/when anytime the CP coat seems to wear, which all coats eventually will due to washing the car over time or if you had your windshield coated (the wiper frictional forces) will eventually wear the coating; hence they will reapply anytime for the lifetime as needed.

As soon as I use all my waxes and sealants, I'll get the Pcar in for the same work as I love the low maintenance and high resiliency properties against pollutants as mentioned..

I recall you recently did a nice paint correction to your car, so if not already done and if you plan to keep it for another 5 years or so, these coatings are highly recommend IMO

CHEERS

Old 10-06-2017, 07:26 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Ceramic Pro

I just had my Caddie in for paint correction and Ceramic Pro coating (Gold - Lifetime Warranty). I'm very impressed with how it turned out.
Pictures don't do it justice, you should see and feel it in person.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ELR Front.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	4.58 MB
ID:	513926   Click image for larger version

Name:	ELR Back.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	4.50 MB
ID:	513927   Click image for larger version

Name:	Passenger Fender.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	266.8 KB