Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Meguiars new NXT Tech Wax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 10:26 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
btw, I meant to say NXT isn't really layerable. Don't want to get it mixed up w/ others meguiars products that are

Old 08-02-2004, 11:23 PM
theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !
FYI... NXT loves to be topped with S100 or any other true carnauba wax.

Last edited by theblue; 08-02-2004 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:24 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by theblue
I've heard great things about topping NXT, i've yet to do it. I'm gonna do a test panel next time I throw a coat on

Old 08-03-2004, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor
D2-Autosport is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by theblue

So a follow up with the Meguiairs Gold Class paste would net good results?

Old 08-04-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by D2-Autosport
So a follow up with the Meguiairs Gold Class paste would net good results?
it may, try a small panel first to see if you like the results

Old 08-23-2004, 01:46 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
"Rumors of the superior performance of Meguiar's new NXT Tech Wax have been so strong that extreme car enthusiasts have offered sums up to $200 for a small sample. On a recent eBay auction, the winning bid for a small bottle of NXT Tech Wax, autographed by Barry Meguair, was $395. So, I guess I should count myself lucky that I walked away with a 4 oz. sample. Officially I received "lab sample 19-75E", mixed 9/23/03. The official release of NXT Tech Wax is scheduled for early February, 2004. Based on my initial use, I will get two full applications on my test vehicle, a titanium metallic 2004 Porsche Cayenne S. The final product will be served in a hip 18 oz. purple bottle with a bright green flip cap at $14.95 (list), making it the first modern enthusiast polymer wax to be priced under a dollar an ounce, or a keen $1.66 per application. The first thing I noticed about NXT Tech Wax is that it has a very smooth texture and a light, cheerful key lime fragrance with just a hint of Jujubees. I allowed the product to sit for four days undisturbed to see if it would separate. It doesn’t. The texture remains smooth. The Meguiar’s lab coat technicians and staff are tight- lipped about the chemistry behind their new creation, saying only that they went back to formula. New chemicals, new mixing techniques and new thinking went in to the next generation line, which includes NXT Tech Wax, NXT Spray Wax, NXT All Metal Polysh, NXT Car Wash and NXT Tech Protectant (for vinyl, rubber and plastic). Like most synthetic waxes, NXT Tech Wax likes to be applied to a clean surface that has been prepped with a pre-wax cleaner. However, I did a side-by-side on an un-prepared panel to test slickness and ease of application in less than ideal conditions. Having been driven more than 1,200 miles in the past month and not waxed since before the San Diego fires started, the Cayenne’s paint was in need of some TLC. I used a microfiber applicator to apply NXT Tech Wax on the unprepared paint in order to get a bit of cleaning action. On the prepared paint I used a fine foam applicator. I applied the product in two thin coats, rubbing it in well, but not buffing off between coats. I allowed the product to sit for a minute or so and buffed it off with one of my Concours Buffing Towels. Buffing out NXT Tech Wax was very easy. There was a little residue, but no streaking. I mean none! Some of the high-tech products I’ve tested recently can’t make this claim. So, let me put it to you simply this way: NXT Tech Wax may be setting a new standard for ease of application. Easy on, easy off. No fuss! Now I’ll bet you want to know how it looks, right? Well, it looks great! It has nice clarity and the high gloss finish of the best polymer sealants I’ve used (and I have them all, mind you). Unlike any other polymer sealant I’ve ever used, instead of leaving a silvery shimmer, it made the paintwork look darker and richer. Now, the metallic in the platinum paint stands out. It does not have the wet-look of the best carnauba waxes, but it added nice depth. My paint is in good surface condition, so I did not have much of an opportunity to test NTX Tech Wax’s ability to hide surface imperfections. However, under strong florescent light (I have 16 4’ bulbs over my detailing bay), I was not able to detect any spider webbing in the clear coat. None! How about slickness? I can safely say that both the prepared and unprepared panels are very slick. My Concours Buffing Towel goes whizzing across the hood with very little effort. In fact, fold the towel and put it in the middle of the hood and it won’t stay put. Gloss and finish are “OUTSTANDING”. It’s the first polymer that does what I want; it makes the finish darker so you can see the depth of the shine. I can’t wait to test it on red."
D. B. -- ,

***Quoted from a customer that sent an email to Meguiars, fount at their site http://www.meguiars.com/whatsnew/techwax.cfm

I have to say I am impressed with what people are saying about this wax... I am tempted to give it a try!!

-Ryan

Old 08-24-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
I've heard great things about topping NXT, i've yet to do it. I'm gonna do a test panel next time I throw a coat on
did my hood this weekend w/ NXT topped w/ S100. Seemed to warm it up a little bit. Don't know if the normal eye would notice though. Definately gave it a smoother feel which amazed me.

Old 08-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Ryan, it's a great product, durability may not be up there w/ the almighty zaino, but it's pretty good and so easy to apply that throwing a coat on every 6-8 weeks won't be a problem for most