Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Meguiars new NXT Tech Wax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 12:35 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Meguiars new NXT Tech Wax

So I got a free 1 oz sample of this stuff from a car show I was in a few weeks ago. I decided to ditch school today and give it a shot. I was a little worried that the 1 oz sample wouldn't cover the whole car. But it did w/ a little left over.

Overall it's one of the best reflections i've seen from a wax aside from zaino. The car is an absolute mirror. I put a little to much on one door and it's a little haze but that should clear w/ a wash.

I'm real eager to wash it already and see how it beads up. I'll probably wash it on Sunday.

All in all this is an awesome product and hope some of you will leave your others for one try to see how it goes.

I'll get some pics up later on today!

Old 04-15-2004, 01:39 PM
alamein is on a distinguished road
so would you use it instead of Zaino? I use Zaino right now, and was thinking of giving the NXT a try, but if it is similar there's no point imo.

But I am going to try it on my truck this w/e.

Old 04-15-2004, 04:16 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
I'll let you know after the first wash and see how it beads up. But so far, this thing is on par w/ zaino w/o the horrendous first application. I've probably tried 30 waxe's and this is at the top right now. Can't really make a definate decision till I see how it goes through a few washes

here are pics:

I don't clean my rims

Old 04-15-2004, 04:17 PM
and i'm gonna go buy a bottle and do the girls car this weekend, we'll see how it comes out, it really needs a wax

Then I'll do all the families cars before I though ot on the street rod

Old 04-15-2004, 06:38 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
how does it compare to Zymol titanium or carbon?

Old 04-15-2004, 07:27 PM
better IMO, while both those Zymols are top notch and I've tried the titanium a few times on various cars, I personally didn't think they were a match for Zaino. And I think this is on par w/ it.

Also the Zymol scored HORRIBLY in the Wax Test www.gurureports.com did. The Carbon got 29th and the Titanium got 36th. Zaino got first, but this new Tech Wax wasn't out yet, I think this will score in the top 5 no problem. I've tried all the top 5's and most of the top tens and a lot of the others. Buy the report, it's a great read!

Old 04-15-2004, 08:09 PM
Greyghost is on a distinguished road
RejeX... give it a try.

Old 04-15-2004, 08:33 PM
where can I find it?

Old 05-06-2004, 08:25 AM
jroy is on a distinguished road
www.corrosionx.com for rejex, i use it on my boat very good works great on aluminum for boat too.

Old 07-31-2004, 03:31 AM
Ormond is a jewel in the roughOrmond is a jewel in the roughOrmond is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up NXT

I waxed my car last weekend with NXT and am quite happy. I really cannot compare it to anything, because I haven't waxed a car in a looong time. It was very easy to apply and buff.

Old 07-31-2004, 09:07 AM
Former Vendor
D2-Autosport is on a distinguished road
NXT is an excellent product, I use it religiously, in addition to the spray wax.

Advice, apply 2-4 coats of NXT for a more brilliant shine and depth.

Old 08-01-2004, 04:04 AM
luting_chen is on a distinguished road
have zymol vintage, rejex, mequiar nxt and etc...
the best result i got is zymol vintage... but it's really hard to apply...
i like the mequiar and rejex a lot as well...since the process is quick and easy... the result is excellent as well...
but zymol vintage can really bring out the deep shine color of the car... seems like it's been covered by a coat of water...

Old 08-01-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by D2-Autosport

Advice, apply 2-4 coats of NXT for a more brilliant shine and depth.

2 coats is more then enough, meguiars isn't really layerable. It has mild cleaners in it. I usually do 2 coats which basically makes sure every crack is full.

this was advised to me by an employee of Meguiars

Old 08-01-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by luting_chen
have zymol vintage, rejex, mequiar nxt and etc...
the best result i got is zymol vintage... but it's really hard to apply...
i like the mequiar and rejex a lot as well...since the process is quick and easy... the result is excellent as well...
but zymol vintage can really bring out the deep shine color of the car... seems like it's been covered by a coat of water...

you baller I don't have $1400 to spend on a wax, I'm jealous.

Anyway I could get a sample from you, I know you guys get free refills.

Btw, in all honesty how do you like it? How long does it seem to last?

i'm saving up to buy the sampler kit, but that's a little ways away

http://store.superior-carcare.net/zysakit.html

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 08-01-2004 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Former Vendor
D2-Autosport is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
2 coats is more then enough, meguiars isn't really layerable. It has mild cleaners in it. I usually do 2 coats which basically makes sure every crack is full.

this was advised to me by an employee of Meguiars
Thanks alot, I will keep this info in mind!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Meguiars new NXT Tech Wax