Porsche revs up to enter Viet Nam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 06:47 PM
patman will become famous soon enoughpatman will become famous soon enough
Porsche won't have any problems selling those 30 cars quickly, because there are some very wealthy people in Saigon that will buy them just to roll upfront to the clubs or cruise the city late late nights for fun when traffic is light. During the heavy traffic daytime, they'll cruise in their comfortable Mercs/BMWs like my cousins there.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:26 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by patman
Porsche won't have any problems selling those 30 cars quickly, because there are some very wealthy people in Saigon that will buy them just to roll upfront to the clubs or cruise the city late late nights for fun when traffic is light. During the heavy traffic daytime, they'll cruise in their comfortable Mercs/BMWs like my cousins there.
Eventually, Porsche will increase to 40 or 50 because 30 is just not enough for that growing country.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
Eventually, Porsche will increase to 40 or 50 because 30 is just not enough for that growing country.
That's great, because there's certainly a market for these pcars with all the money those established people have there. Mercs already been there last 6yrs+ with one of their plant right next to the new intl. airport.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:47 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
That's great, because there's certainly a market for these pcars with all the money those established people have there. Mercs already been there last 6yrs+ with one of their plant right next to the new intl. airport.
Mercedes is always a popular model for Vietnamese people, here and over there. Maybe BMW should take a stab at that market also.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Mercedes is always a popular model for Vietnamese people, here and over there. Maybe BMW should take a stab at that market also.
BMW should consider, becuz if US & Euro economy are in recession/slowdown period. Some other regions has to be atleast doing better or growing which is why US borrows from China. BMW & Merc are always 2 top choices in SE Asia.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:56 AM
BMW should consider, becuz if US & Euro economy are in recession/slowdown period. Some other regions has to be atleast doing better or growing which is why US borrows from China. BMW & Merc are always 2 top choices in SE Asia.

That's true but China is also starting to feel the economic crisis. A lot of Chinese manufacturing companies are laying off a lot of their employees.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:14 AM
huhu is on a distinguished road
vietnam? Porshce??motorcycle country!!

Old 01-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by huhu
Once in awhile, you'll see a few Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche in a sea of scooters and bikes. Those are the guys that are straight balling there.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:56 PM
FormulaC30 is on a distinguished road
thats pho-king cool ... my best friend is vietnamese =D

Old 01-19-2011, 05:39 PM
YellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of lightYellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of lightYellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of lightYellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of lightYellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of lightYellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of light
When I was in Vietnam in 09 I saw a brand new red GT3, along with a Bentley ,red 430 and X6 and a bunch of LS460 and S550 in Saigon. Also the girls are hot hot!!!

Old 01-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by huhu
You kidding me? There are ferraris, lambos, bentlies, rolls phantom... Check it out on YouTube.
If you pay 300k for a lamb here, they pay 600k. The gov tax you 100% of the value of the car. I wanted to ship back my 964 cab during my two year stay for work there but they want to tax me 40k and I said WTF!

Old 01-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
[QUOTE=///M Kevin;2207066]Once in awhile, you'll see a few Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche in a sea of scooters and bikes. Those are the guys that are straight balling there.[/

Gee, I wonder where are the money come from.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:26 PM
[quote=Gotnem108;3099170]
Once in awhile, you'll see a few Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche in a sea of scooters and bikes. Those are the guys that are straight balling there.[/

Gee, I wonder where are the money come from.
They own some type of business.