Porsche revs up to enter Viet Nam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:48 PM
werksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to behold

(17-12-2007)
HCM CITY — The German sports car maker Porsche officially announced its entry into the Vietnamese market with a launching ceremony last Friday night in HCM City.

"We have closely watched the positive development of Viet Nam for the last couple of years, and now we are convinced, is exactly the right time to set up a Porsche business here," said Andreas Klingler, general director of Prestige Sports Cars Co Ltd, the official Porsche importer in Viet Nam.

Porsche introduced the Boxter, a two-seater roadster; the Cayman, a two-seater coupe; and Cayenne, a five-seater SUV. The first shipment of Porsche vehicles, which are made in Germany, is here.

For 2008, the company plans to sell 30 cars for Vietnamese market.
The company has started constructing the Porsche Centre Sai Gon in District 7 to be operational by July 2008.

With construction of Porsche Centre, Vietnamese customers will have full services in sales, after sales, accessories and design driver’s selection.

The company is considering opening a centre in Ha Noi. — VNS

Source: http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/s...um=02BUS171207

Old 12-19-2007, 01:16 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
30 CARS?

Vietnam is up and coming. GL to them.
They are hard working people. i have some Vietnamese friends.
Good people. I like PHO too.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Axis will become famous soon enough
Pho FTW! I'm like addicted to pho ever since I tried it like over a decade ago.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:33 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
The traffics in the city there are horrific. But the road conditions are somewhat improved along the country side. Except there are lots cattle laying the streets..I may have to rent a Cayene if I visit there again.

Last edited by vincentdds; 12-19-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:47 AM
doccao will become famous soon enough
Pho real??? Porsche dealership in Vietnam? About time I guess.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:09 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
what the pho?.....

Old 01-24-2008, 02:02 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Phorsche?

Old 05-27-2008, 11:11 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
I finally get to see Porsche when I visit Vietnam.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:05 PM
PhantomMoneyPit is on a distinguished road
good luck with 50 million motorcycles, dirt roads, and bumper to bumper traffic... but look on the bright side jump the boarder and take a road trip to phenom pen or a cruise down the mekong delta... works for bangkok but not a chance 4 hmc

Old 08-02-2008, 01:07 PM
PhantomMoneyPit is on a distinguished road
in other words a large waste of dong... lol

Old 08-02-2008, 04:45 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Vietnam has a growing economy and there are a few wealthy people who can afford expensive cars. If Porsche's aim is to sell 30 cars for this market, I don't think it's impossible. It's also a great way to expand their product into another Asian country.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:57 AM
freakinfreak is on a distinguished road
People have been importing high end luxury cars to Vietnam for a while now. The taxation is insane though.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by freakinfreak
People have been importing high end luxury cars to Vietnam for a while now. The taxation is insane though.
True on the tax but I know a lot of people who go through a Mercedes every 2 years because they can afford it.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:30 PM
jackolo is on a distinguished road
Last time I was in Vietnam, I saw a sea of bicycles and a MKIV Supra smack dab in the middle of it all going nowhere. haha.
I also caught the occasional benz/bmw.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by jackolo
Last time I was in Vietnam, I saw a sea of bicycles and a MKIV Supra smack dab in the middle of it all going nowhere. haha.
I also caught the occasional benz/bmw.
So the next time when you go back, you'll see a Porsche smack dab in the middle going nowhere.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Porsche revs up to enter Viet Nam