Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458
View Poll Results: WHICH WHEELS ARE YOUR FAVORITE... THEY WOULD ALL HAVE GLOSS BLACK CENTERS
IFORGED FS REV
18.18%
HRE C21
27.27%
HRE 840R
40.91%
IFORGED FS CLASSIC
13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Aftermarket Wheels for F430 - HRE, Iforged, 360 Forged... Black Car on Black Rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 09:37 AM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Aftermarket Wheels for F430 - HRE, Iforged, 360 Forged... Black Car on Black Rims

Hi Guys,

I am going to buy some wheels for my F430. It is a Black (Nero Daytona) on Beige, Coupe and I am looking for some wheels with gloss back centers to black out my baby.

I am looking for a multi-spoke wheel similar to that on the Lamborghini Superlegerra, but with a nice lip (1.5 inch front, 3.5 inch rear). I really like a style designed by Iforged called the FS Rev, but I can not put the Ferrari Center Cap in it. HRE have a similar wheel, the C21, but it does not look as good in any of the pics (I think his might be because it has a stepped lip and is not gloss black).

For those of you who do not know, let me spill the beans and tell you that in Q1 of 08 Ferrari are releasing silver Ferrari wheel Center caps and gas caps which have the horses but silver instead of yellow. I think it will look awesome, especially on a black on black car!

Please take a look at the pics and let me your thoughts on what wheels look best. I would also like your thoughts on if you think it looks better with or without rivets.

The person to contact for the best price would also be appreciated.

THANKS GUYS!

Attached Images      
Old 12-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Fs Classic

FS CLASSIC:

This is not my personal favorite, but I am throwing it out there for your thoughts.

Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Exclamation Update

I have spoken with HRE and the C21 is only available in a stepped lip, therefore, I can not get a flat lipped 12 spoke wheel from them.

It is my understanding that the Ferrari Center Caps are available on HRE Wheels. HRE modify the width of the section of the cap that fits into the wheel, so that it fits nicely. Can this be done with Iforged wheels?

Old 12-28-2007, 10:33 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Cant they make the 449R's to fit? Those would look sweet blacked out.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Wannabe
cig1 will become famous soon enough
IMHO ... I think the silver wheels on the black Challenge car are the class act of the group. Although, for the street/VIP car show look, you may want to choose a reversed rim with a flat/deep lip. (if you get a reversed rim, watch for water collecting behing the center after washing) I had black center reversed wheels with chrome rivets/bolts ... got kinda' old ... the rivet/bolts on a silver wheel looks much better.

$.02

G

Old 12-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
HRE has the 593R and 893R wheels that are multi-spoked like the C21.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
I am going to look into this right away.

Ont he website it states that the 449R's are only available in 19 inch and I was looking for 19 inch fronts and 20 inch rears.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic

I just got off the phone with HRE and this was intended to be their entry level wheel and as a result I can only have a 2 inch lip... Not ideal.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by farris
I just got off the phone with HRE and this was intended to be their entry level wheel and as a result I can only have a 2 inch lip... Not ideal.

Yeah, its a tuner class wheel. We have run it on a few cars and the clearance is really tight. They have better and more elegant options.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by GMP Performance
Yeah, its a tuner class wheel. We have run it on a few cars and the clearance is really tight. They have better and more elegant options.

Stephen,
In your experience what do you find to be the nicest wheels with black centers to go on a black f430 coupe.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:16 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
That white fcar is hot

Old 12-28-2007, 01:01 PM
These Hamanns look pretty sweet

Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Site Sponsor
Stephen,
In your experience what do you find to be the nicest wheels with black centers to go on a black f430 coupe.
farris, its a tough decision. I change wheels all the time but I always bring up this point to people asking about black on black or silver on black. When you go with black on black, you loose the wheel. The vehicle as a whole stands out and catches peoples eye. If its a wheel design you like and want to display, make it a contrasting color, such as silver on a black car and the wheel will "pop" and the car is more subdued.

I know its not a 430 but it gives the idea.

The new 590R series for HRE is amazing. They have machined surface areas that reflect. I personally like the brushed with chrome/high-polished lip for the subtle contrast. This represents the wheel well.

BUT, on a black 430, go aggressive HRE has a new black satin finish thats got a semi-rough texture. Put that on a 593R to get the race-like spoke design. Add some Hamann splitters in carbon and make it mean.

Its all a preference. You get to drive the car (LUCKY) on a regular basis so go with what you like.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:57 PM
What do you guys think of this... It is one of my favorites so far.

Would you guys have rivets or have it look clean without?

Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Dynamic is on a distinguished road
These Hamanns look pretty sweet
I really like those too, I assume they are quite heavy no?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wheels for F430 - HRE, Iforged, 360 Forged... Black Car on Black Rims