Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Scuderia test in EVO mag

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 01:29 PM
mousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nice
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
You are sorely mistaken. 2770 lbs? YEA RIGHT! Ask ANY 360 Challenge owner who actually weighed theyre car. Ferrari said the 360 CS weighed 2800 lbs, but there wasnt one owner that weighed in anywhere close to that weight. Most got 3100-3200 lbs. Why? Because ferrari weighs the car without fluids (dry weight)...so while technically theyre not lying, they are deceiving the public and buyers. The same case applies here as well.
ALL manufacturers weigh the car without fluids.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:51 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
The scud is faster but does it really matter? Both are awseome cars and somthing as minor as this should not sway you to buy one over the other IMO.
On what evidence do you base your claim that the Scud is faster?

Faster in what way exactly?

I'd be happy to run a Scuderia. Do you have one to compare?

Old 08-12-2008, 04:00 AM
Porsche Fiend
Originally Posted by TheCreditMan
One friend trying to sell an 05 430 does not a market make. Is your friend's car a manual 6 Speed, an F1, what color? Where has your friend tried to sell the car? FML? EBay? Can you provide your friend's phone number, as my partner may buy the car. He won't waste his time.

I'll buy the Scuderia at $50K over. IMMEDIATELY! Can you please provide the name of the seller. For that information I'll also pay you a finder's fee or donate $5K to your favorite charity.

True. BTW, according to some members of Rennlist there are GT2s available at list now. Maybe these guys are B.S. artists, who knows.

Again, I would appreciate the information on the 430 and the Scud.

Enjoy your wonderful car!
Well, this one friend is selling his car in Los Angeles, which is one of the strongest Ferrari markets anywhere. I will PM you with info on the car. All the Ferrari dealerships in So Cal are full of 430 inventory, and are hesitant to take the cars on trade... and are offering very low wholesale numbers.

As for the Scuderia, yes, I can get it at 50K over, but I don't think I will be able to extend it to you. I have a personal relationship with one of the major dealers in So Cal. However, you can probably get the car for 75 over.

As for the "info" on Rennlist, who the hell really knows. If there are GT2's available at list off the showroom, I would imagine that they will not have a problem being snapped up, as the market out here is still over MSRP for them.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:01 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
The 997 GT2 is a great car, so is the Scuderia.

I am no BS artist, and have been offered 2 new GT2s, one at $201K, the other $209K. Doesn't sound like $100K over MSRP to me - there must be something funny about Ferraris.

-Gerry

07 GT3 RS Clubsport

Old 08-12-2008, 01:09 PM
kevin1244 is a jewel in the roughkevin1244 is a jewel in the roughkevin1244 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Hamann7

Why you think my response is emotional is beyond me, I can have pretty much any car I really want and I chose the GT2 over the Scuderia. I also chose my GT2 regardless of what future prices will be like, after all I have a 996 version too.

... Your analysis based on empirical "evidence" about your GT3, Turbo and a ride in a Ruf-modified 996 GT2 is truly laughable. ... In fact, the GT2 suspension is even more advanced than the RS, let alone your GT3. And that is A FACT.

... I do enjoy my car for what it is: the fastest production 911 ever made, and a hell of a lot faster than your GT3.

And you wonder why I say emotional response. Your posts are totally amusing to me. I am glad you like your GT2 and I am totally okay if YOUR GT2 is faster than MY GT3.
What is it anyways with Prosche owners being so bitter about Ferrari's? That by itself says Ferrari is doing something right.
I love my GT3 Porsche and won't trade it for any car in the market right now (obvious financial arguments of a 1-to-1 trade aside, for example, the stupid case some say, oh, so you won't trade your car for an Enzo?!!). To me the GT3 is much more of pure bred car with much longer racing heritage than the GT2. But that is me and my opinion (go laugh at it as much as you want, doesn't make a bit of difference to me.) I am glad you are fortunate enough that you can buy any exotic that you want, good for you. I don't have the means. If I did, I would choose the Scud over the GT2 in a heartbeat.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:33 PM
iceman996 is on a distinguished road
Hmmm... well I guess you can explain why my friend's mint condition 2005 430 with less than 2000 miles is having trouble finding a buyer at 170k?

The difference between a 430 and a Scud is hardly as dramatic as comparing a C2 to a GT2. Funny enough, there are a few Scuderias with 100K over stickers that are still sitting at the dealers? I can personally get one for 50K over, and one of these days, I just might.

As for the 7 GT2, time will tell how fast prices will fall. In the meanwhile, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy mine until its replacement comes out. You don't know what you're missing... it's performance is unreal

$50K over is a DEAL! My boss was in the market for over half a year and the best price he got was $80K over sticker(around $400K I believe). He sold his M5 and 997 Turbo just because of the Scud, even he hasn't got a deal yet.

But, he kept his Prius.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:58 AM
Porsche Fiend
Originally Posted by kevin1244
And you wonder why I say emotional response. Your posts are totally amusing to me. I am glad you like your GT2 and I am totally okay if YOUR GT2 is faster than MY GT3.
What is it anyways with Prosche owners being so bitter about Ferrari's? That by itself says Ferrari is doing something right.
I love my GT3 Porsche and won't trade it for any car in the market right now (obvious financial arguments of a 1-to-1 trade aside, for example, the stupid case some say, oh, so you won't trade your car for an Enzo?!!). To me the GT3 is much more of pure bred car with much longer racing heritage than the GT2. But that is me and my opinion (go laugh at it as much as you want, doesn't make a bit of difference to me.) I am glad you are fortunate enough that you can buy any exotic that you want, good for you. I don't have the means. If I did, I would choose the Scud over the GT2 in a heartbeat.
No bitterness about Ferrari on this side. I like some of the cars they make, I just prefer a Porsche, because that's my thing.

I had a 996 GT3 so I know all about it. It's a great car, and to me, one of the greatest bargains on the market.

For the record, I would rather have a Carrera GT over a Scud, since they are around the same price. If Porsche offered a 3.8L or 4.0L GT3-RS with at least 450hp, I would take that over a Scuderia too.

Ferraris are great until you break them and then they sit in the shop for at least 2 weeks waiting for the lazy factory to supply parts.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:35 PM
kevin1244 is a jewel in the roughkevin1244 is a jewel in the roughkevin1244 is a jewel in the rough
No bitterness about Ferrari on this side. I like some of the cars they make, I just prefer a Porsche, because that's my thing.

I had a 996 GT3 so I know all about it. It's a great car, and to me, one of the greatest bargains on the market.

For the record, I would rather have a Carrera GT over a Scud, since they are around the same price. If Porsche offered a 3.8L or 4.0L GT3-RS with at least 450hp, I would take that over a Scuderia too.

Ferraris are great until you break them and then they sit in the shop for at least 2 weeks waiting for the lazy factory to supply parts.
Of course I would take a CGT over the Scud. A totally different class of car. CGT should be compared to Enzo, not the Scud. I would have to think hard about Enzo vs CGT, a very difficult choice.

If your friend's 2005 F430 has no issues, not abused, and the mileage is right, ask him to PM me with the information. I don't mind a Ferrari in my stable for the right price.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:05 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
I'd rather have 1 scud over 2 GT2's, and due to the price the scud is currently going for, that approximation is fairly correct

I could care less if the GT2 lapped me all day long

As for which car is faster, in the real world, anything is possible...

Surpris... actually NOT surprised, this topic got as heated as it did

Old 08-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Bogus claim

The claim about the low mile F430 for $170k seems to be bogus. I will buy that car if there is nothing wrong with it. But no response.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:53 PM
TheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kevin1244
The claim about the low mile F430 for $170k seems to be bogus. I will buy that car if there is nothing wrong with it. But no response.
Not bogus. My partner purchased the car. Thank you Hamann7!

Old 08-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Porsche Fiend
Originally Posted by mikesmith
GT2 VS. 430S.............Pure Durach comparision mate..

430S...Do the Math.....
And what math would that be?

Old 08-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Not bogus. My partner purchased the car. Thank you Hamann7!

Good for your partner. He got an F430 at an awesome price.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:01 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Please site authoratative, objective sources upon which you state your opinions. "Ask any" owner doesn't cut it.

The "great" GT2 was not as great as three other cars in the R&T test as it finished 4th in the final tally behind the Gallardo, Viper and GT-R respectively.
check this thread:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...60-modena.html

also, ask LuisGT3, he KNOWS they dont weigh close to 2800 lbs...

Old 08-18-2008, 07:10 PM
TheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
check this thread:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...60-modena.html

also, ask LuisGT3, he KNOWS they dont weigh close to 2800 lbs...
Explain how "LuisGT3" is an authoratative, objective source? In other words, how does he "KNOW"?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Scuderia test in EVO mag