Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Scuderia test in EVO mag

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 08:03 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Scuderia test in EVO mag

anyone see the latest issue?

surprised to see the Scud destroy the GT2's time around Bedford! faster than a CGT too IIRC

Old 08-03-2008, 09:05 AM
'ringmeister is on a distinguished road
hmmm, impossible. clearly has ferrari has hired the same PR firm that nissan uses to strong arm auto journalists & rig tests.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:26 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
lets see what the scuderia can run around the 'ring'...i bet its not within 5 seconds of the GT2's time.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Streamlined is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 'ringmeister
hmmm, impossible. clearly has ferrari has hired the same PR firm that nissan uses to strong arm auto journalists & rig tests.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:53 AM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
I don't see why it's so hard to believe that the Scuderia is faster than the GT2. The Scud is faster than the Enzo (around Fiorano, anyway), the Enzo is faster than the CGT (except when Walter Roehl is driving), so I guess the question comes down to how much faster the GT2 is compared to the CGT.

Either way, I'll be looking forward to reading this issue!

Old 08-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
F430 Scuderia should definitely be faster than GT2. It weighs only 2,770lbs and is much better balanced with mid-engined layout, so its fast lap times will be more consistent and much easier to achieve. And like alzilla300 mentioned, according to Ferrari, it is actually faster than Enzo around its test track. Also remember that GT2 didn't do very well in the recent R&T multi track comparison, loosing to Lambo LP560 on many tracks. I wouldn't be surprised if GT2 is actually slower than GT3RS on most tracks. (http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6939)

Old 08-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alzilla300
Either way, I'll be looking forward to reading this issue!
Yeah.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:58 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tuskir
F430 Scuderia should definitely be faster than GT2. It weighs only 2,770lbs and is much better balanced with mid-engined layout, so its fast lap times will be more consistent and much easier to achieve. And like alzilla300 mentioned, according to Ferrari, it is actually faster than Enzo around its test track. Also remember that GT2 didn't do very well in the recent R&T multi track comparison, loosing to Lambo LP560 on many tracks. I wouldn't be surprised if GT2 is actually slower than GT3RS on most tracks. (http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....ticle_id=6939)
You are sorely mistaken. 2770 lbs? YEA RIGHT! Ask ANY 360 Challenge owner who actually weighed theyre car. Ferrari said the 360 CS weighed 2800 lbs, but there wasnt one owner that weighed in anywhere close to that weight. Most got 3100-3200 lbs. Why? Because ferrari weighs the car without fluids (dry weight)...so while technically theyre not lying, they are deceiving the public and buyers. The same case applies here as well.
the enzo was NOT faster around the ring than the CGT, the scud isnt faster around the ring than the GT2. It really depends on which track type youre comparing them on with regards to which will post better times. Ferraris are more built for tight tracks like fiorano, while Porsches are built to tackle any track (tight track, track with lots of straights, etc).
And R&T said the GT2 was great, but just needed some suspension adjustment, which is why it comes adjustable from the factory.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:51 PM
TheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
You are sorely mistaken. 2770 lbs? YEA RIGHT! Ask ANY 360 Challenge owner who actually weighed theyre car. Ferrari said the 360 CS weighed 2800 lbs, but there wasnt one owner that weighed in anywhere close to that weight. Most got 3100-3200 lbs. Why? Because ferrari weighs the car without fluids (dry weight)...so while technically theyre not lying, they are deceiving the public and buyers. The same case applies here as well.
the enzo was NOT faster around the ring than the CGT, the scud isnt faster around the ring than the GT2. It really depends on which track type youre comparing them on with regards to which will post better times. Ferraris are more built for tight tracks like fiorano, while Porsches are built to tackle any track (tight track, track with lots of straights, etc).
And R&T said the GT2 was great, but just needed some suspension adjustment, which is why it comes adjustable from the factory.
Please site authoratative, objective sources upon which you state your opinions. "Ask any" owner doesn't cut it.

The "great" GT2 was not as great as three other cars in the R&T test as it finished 4th in the final tally behind the Gallardo, Viper and GT-R respectively.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:16 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
A GT3 RS wont beat a GT2 anywhere. Unless Nissan now makes the RS.

In fact I'd bet the 996 GT2 would beat the GT3 RS in most places.

As for the balance of the Ferrari's, tell that to the ALMS teams, their "better" balance isnt helping them too much now is it.

Last edited by heavychevy; 08-03-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:36 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
lets see what the scuderia can run around the 'ring'...i bet its not within 5 seconds of the GT2's time.
Scud is slower than GT2 round the 'Ring, but less than 5 seconds off. HVS gave it same high overall rating as the GT2 IIRC.

i'm nos surprised its quick... but the margin over the GT2 at Bedford was bigger than I thought, especially considering it is a smallish track.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
My message to Scuderia owners: Bring it on.

Cars should be pretty close, with edge going to GT2 since it has more power, torque

Sport Auto tests GT2 faster than Scud in Super Test on both Nring and Hockenheim. Top Gear's Clarkson says GT2 is faster than Scud on track as well.

I laugh when people cite the Road and Track garbage test with senile Steve Millen behind the wheel. Where the guy pulled 1:33 in a 997 GT2, behind the underpowered Audi R8. I was talking with Cort Wagner the other day and he was saying that R&T should hire someone who has actually raced recently. CW did sub 1:30's in a 996 GT2 on Cup tires and 1:30 flat in a stock 996 GT3 with Cups, and 1:32-3 in a stock Elise. Even without much effort, I did high 1:30's in my old 996 GT3. So to cite the R&T test is a joke, and seems to contradict just about every other test out there.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by hesperus
Scud is slower than GT2 round the 'Ring, but less than 5 seconds off. HVS gave it same high overall rating as the GT2 IIRC.

i'm nos surprised its quick... but the margin over the GT2 at Bedford was bigger than I thought, especially considering it is a smallish track.
Actually more like 6 seconds. 7:33 vs. 7:39. Slower at Hockenheim by 0.7 seconds, 1:10.3 vs. 1:09.7

Old 08-03-2008, 10:45 PM
rsman is on a distinguished road
Current time for GT2 on ring is 7:31. 9 seconds faster on the ring than the scud.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Hamann7
Actually more like 6 seconds. 7:33 vs. 7:39. Slower at Hockenheim by 0.7 seconds, 1:10.3 vs. 1:09.7
oops sorry, my bad!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Scuderia test in EVO mag