Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

What are you paying for your F430?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 07:17 PM
news 4 u is on a distinguished road
What are you paying for your F430?

Sorry for the semi-long writeup but here goes:

I now think it's time for me to get an F-car. Normally my transportation has been an Audi S4, but I now have the means to step up. I'm seriously considering getting an F430 new from the dealer. I cannot find the exact car I am looking for used and I have been searching for quite some time. I'm looking at an F1 coupe, black/black with ceramic brakes w/ yellow calipers, EVERY carbon fiber option, shields, bose, challenge grille, and stradale wheels. After I priced everything out from the options list, it came around $245. What I wanted to know was: How much are F430 owners paying monthly/annualy on the payments and other stuff? Also, what fees have come across from the dealer new and what would I be looking at annualy for maintenance? I have around $50K to set aside for everything per year. I really appreciate your input and all comments are welcome.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:48 AM
KingBull is on a distinguished road
08 430 coupes are selling for $10-20k over msrp.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:12 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by redcarwire
You might want to reconsider having a F430. With the continuous increase in gas prices, you might have trouble with your budget on having to think about gas expenses. Well, that is my only concern...
With this comment and your low post-count I'd assume you are either:
1) Environmentalist that trolls performance car forums and makes posts like this to try and discourage people from increasing their carbon footprint (anyone ever hear of those 2 words much before the past year?)
2) Someone who doesn't know WTF they are talking about
3) Attempt at humor and forgot to include a smiley or something, and if this is the case, then I apologize for items 1 & 2.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:40 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
The 430 market is taking a crap kicking and it's only going to get worse. Check over on Fchat for some good idea as to pricing. Fortunately, that sponsor who was polluting every thread with his BS pumping up prices has left.

Edit: maintenance isn't much at all. The 430 doesn't require belts like previous V8's. Figure perhaps a grand for oil & fluid changes. While it ain't no Honda, it really has become a pretty reliable car.

Last edited by jamie; 08-19-2008 at 05:43 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:53 PM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
50k a year for maintenance are you retarded? you're not maintaining a mclaren f1. 5-10k a year will be more than enough, especially for the first couple of years when the car is covered under warranty.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by rmani
50k a year for maintenance are you retarded? you're not maintaining a mclaren f1. 5-10k a year will be more than enough, especially for the first couple of years when the car is covered under warranty.
i didnt mean 50K for just repairs, but for everything total (car payment, insurance, maintenance). would that be enough to lease/finance for how long? would leasing or financing be better? im very new to the $100K+ car market

Old 08-19-2008, 09:10 PM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
asking a forum, even 6 speed about budget questions for stuff like this is asking for marriage advice. Sure you'll get a lot of responses, but do you really want to take our word for it?

You've essentially said you are setting $4k a month aside for this car. That is more than enough depending on how you decide to pay for it. any online calculator will tell you that if you finance $200k for 6 years at 7% you end up with a $3400 payment.

The price of gas is however a rounding error in your monthly budget. If you're serious about buying, then talk to a dealer.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:40 AM
me&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by turbomx5
asking a forum, even 6 speed about budget questions for stuff like this is asking for marriage advice. Sure you'll get a lot of responses, but do you really want to take our word for it?

You've essentially said you are setting $4k a month aside for this car. That is more than enough depending on how you decide to pay for it. any online calculator will tell you that if you finance $200k for 6 years at 7% you end up with a $3400 payment.

The price of gas is however a rounding error in your monthly budget. If you're serious about buying, then talk to a dealer.
+ 1

If you can afford $50k per year, you'll have no trouble making payments (no matter what your lease/finance scenario is) and paying for maintenance.

There has been talk of extra allocation of 09 F430s coming to the US, but it will be in pre-specc'd cars. I would say you should find the cleanest 07 as close to your configuration.

Good luck!

Old 08-20-2008, 06:15 PM
memo is on a distinguished road
I agree on the fact that $50K is more than enough per year. How hard to buy a F430 without paying mark-up/premium?

Old 08-22-2008, 09:07 AM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
new?

I suspect there are some that are selling at list, but no one is saying. Dealers are still advertising and asking for a good deal over. I know of one allocation that went for $20k over, but I think there may be better deals to be had. But none of those buyers are speaking up for fear of loosing their deals...

used, you still have some proud people with 2005's that are asking $200k, but the ones that are selling seem to be going for south of $180k.

I've been looking as well...

Old 08-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by turbomx5

I thought the same thing as I made this thread, but at least I could could get some good input (most of it was helpful, actually ). Normally I would go to a dealer, but there are none within 200 miles of me and I'm short on free time for a while. I think i'll go the used route. Carbon fiber interior trim and engine bay were a big part of what I wanted, but I will find some way to retro-fit pieces or something. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks for all of your help.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:48 PM
jg08 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by redcarwire
You might want to reconsider having a F430. With the continuous increase in gas prices, you might have trouble with your budget on having to think about gas expenses. Well, that is my only concern...

_________
"In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars
so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks." -Scott Adams // Rock 'n Roll with Autopartswarehouse

Wow, you're a smart one!

Old 08-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
The advice today in general is to save your $.

You would probably be better off to look at a 360 or a slightly used 430. You $'s will go further and you will loose little depreciation. Don't worry that you can't find a car with "exactly" what you want.

Think of the possible purchase as looking for a woman! Can you always find "exactly" what you want?

There is a great deal to consider when buying cars like this if you have not previously had the experience with rather expensive vehicles. This is in no way meant to be an insult but a reality pointer.

Take your time; look around.

There are great values and compromise a bit. It will work to your benefit.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Gcalo
The advice today in general is to save your $.

You would probably be better off to look at a 360 or a slightly used 430. You $'s will go further and you will loose little depreciation. Don't worry that you can't find a car with "exactly" what you want.

Think of the possible purchase as looking for a woman! Can you always find "exactly" what you want?

There is a great deal to consider when buying cars like this if you have not previously had the experience with rather expensive vehicles. This is in no way meant to be an insult but a reality pointer.

Take your time; look around.

There are great values and compromise a bit. It will work to your benefit.
No insult taken, i really appreciate your insight. The comparison to a woman sums everything up perfectly. I'll most likely settle for a car with my top-priority options and although certain stuff could be changed to make it perfect, I most likely will leave it as is (like deciding against getting implants on a new wife).

I will probably look for an early MY F430, but a 360 is definitely still in the question. I really like how the 360 is more of a screamer and i particularly love the challenge grille on dark grey (grigio?) with CS wheels.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by news 4 u
--I will probably look for an early MY F430, but a 360 is definitely still in the question. I really like how the 360 is more of a screamer and i particularly love the challenge grille on dark grey (grigio?) with CS wheels.
One gets to a point in life where common sense plays a big role. So I take that road.

You can see how a comparison that hits close to home makes other things become more realistic.

Why throw away $. A 360 is a fabulous car and I think much better looking than a 430.

Take your time!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What are you paying for your F430?