Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Does the 360 have a valve in the exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:07 PM
emotors is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CaRJoE0220
please dont butcher a ferrari..... They sound so great and it sounds like you just want to make it annoying and to loud
Thats one way to put it. Another way is everyone has their own taste and some like it bigger, some like it smaller, some like it loud, some like it REAL loud. I am just asking to see if anyone has done it.

I am sure all the HARLEY riders think their bikes are just fine, while some may not agree, or not like it, the bikers seem to love it. (I don't)

P.S. If it sound obnoxious, I can always throw the muffler back on and wait for a decent deal to pop up online.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by emotors
---If it sound obnoxious, I can always throw the muffler back on---
It will!

Ferrari's are not Harleys and most Ferrari owners will agree.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:37 PM
This looks like cats with straight pipes. Doesn't sound too bad or obnoxious? Or does it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBXXZ2gbriE

Old 08-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
--Doesn't sound too bad or obnoxious?
Are you kidding? Drive that car for a while after it has warmed and tell me what it's like inside!

Besides that was in Mexico. You would not get away with that in Calif for long. It had been previously posted on another site.

It is effectively straight pipes but the curvatures and the center connector do offer somewhat of a silencing effect.

Remembr, too, that a CS, not a Modena, and the timing and ECU's are different which produce a slightly different sound..

Old 08-30-2008, 10:51 PM
You are probably right. I am in need of a Tubi. Took my car to the city tonight and raced a black spyder with exhaust. On the free way it sounded great, smooth, and very clean. He had Capristo tips and probably a full system.

Now where do I find one at a good price? Used?

Old 08-31-2008, 09:37 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
My vote is with Capristo or Kreissieg exhaust. Both are higher pitched than the usual Tubi and more unique as well since Ferrari owners often default to Tubi since Tubi has made such a great product for so many years. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T40ky_A9coU for a stock-Tubi-Capristo comparo and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbTKrBAY5OA for a Tubi-Kreissieg comparo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiP-...eature=related is also a good example of the Kreissieg in action. Capristo and Tubi are around the same price whereas Kreissieg is more expensive.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:28 PM
Victor Li is on a distinguished road
Hi Guys, saw your comment on exhaust.
I also just bought a used 01 F360 with OEM exhaust. It sound great if I push it very hard like over 5000rpm. Now I am considering if I should install Capristo as I like the F1 sound on Ferrari.
But saw you guys have a trick to take out the valve on OEM exhaust. Would like to try. Could anyone explain more details on how to do it as I may need to do it myself? where I can find the valve to turn if off?

Old 08-31-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by Victor Li
Hi Guys, saw your comment on exhaust.
Could anyone explain more details on how to do it as I may need to do it myself? where I can find the valve to turn if off?
I just pinched the vacuum line going to the exhaust. Seemed to achieve the desired result. Is there a better way to do it?

Old 08-31-2008, 11:50 PM
I just pinched the vacuum line going to the exhaust. Seemed to achieve the desired result. Is there a better way to do it?
Hi emotors,
Where can you find the vacuum line? Appreciated if you can tell me so that I can find it easier.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:57 AM
DynamicMotoring is on a distinguished road
You can pinch the line or pull it off and plug the end with a golf tee like Greg said.

Victor, look for the black vacuum line going to a valve actuator on the exhaust, pull it off the actuator and plug it. Otherwise, get a better exhaust(my recommendation).

Old 09-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi emotors,
Where can you find the vacuum line? Appreciated if you can tell me so that I can find it easier.
I pinched the line right at the vacuum canister on the right side of the muffler. ITs located inside the 1/4 panel in front of the F1 reservoir.

Last edited by emotors; 09-01-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:27 PM
--- Could anyone explain more details on how to do it as I may need to do it myself? where I can find the valve to turn if off?
Vicktor,

As you look at the exhaust fromt he rear, on either side of the frame there is a small metal valve about 1.5" wide by about 2" long. It has an electrical connector and a few vacuum lines attached. Both are mounted to the frame.

If you have an F1 it will be under the F1 resevoir on the right side of the vehicle. On the left side it's slightly behind the secondary air pump.

There are vacuum lines that go to each valve on the muffler. You can remove the lines from the muffler, shorten them, and put a large screw or a golf tee into them. I'd use a small clamp as well to ensure a tight fit on the line.

That's all there is to do.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks Guys, I will need to look into this carefully. Maybe I need to spend some time to read the user manual to find the vacuum lines.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:26 PM
--- Maybe I need to spend some time to read the user manual to find the vacuum lines.
You will not find that in the owner's manual.

Look at the exhaust outlets on each side of the muffler and you'll see the valves.

Remove the tube, shorten it, and plug it!

BTW, make sure you do this with the car cold!!!

Old 09-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Gcalo
You will not find that in the owner's manual.

Look at the exhaust outlets on each side of the muffler and you'll see the valves.

Remove the tube, shorten it, and plug it!

BTW, make sure you do this with the car cold!!!
Thanks. I will look into this tonight when I am home.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does the 360 have a valve in the exhaust?