Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

360 maintenance schedule/cost?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 12:47 PM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
the above comment isn't really true. It will be a used car. but there have been more than one car sold recently that have 20kish miles with documented history go in the 70s. It may not be the norm, but there are some sellers that want to be rid of their cars. The ones that are selling are priced below advertised prices.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:41 PM
pod
pod is on a distinguished road
I have one listed for 75K, and the only reason is family decisions / life's twists and turns is the only reason it's priced so low. yes it needs some work, but for 75k its worth way more so at the end of the day 80k for a good 360 is a deal.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/ferrariad...uct=1808&cat=2

Old 11-11-2008, 04:05 PM
NoOxyContin4U is on a distinguished road
I agree with the idea of a $10,000 contingency fund (at least).

But really, if a sudden $10k expense is going to gut you, its not the right car for you. these cars should be all fun, not a burden.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Under PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Sleepy996
Are you buying new or pre owned ? If pre owned what year and mileage are you looking for and what type of transmission ?
A new 360? 360's haven't been made since 2004.

I've had two of them over the last 2 1/2 years and they have been trouble free.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Maintenance costs will depend initially upon what services were performed on the prospective vehicle and when.

If deferred you could have an $8K-$10K bill as follows:

a) Clutch- F1's require a bit more replacement than 6 speeds- average cost is $5K-$6K assuming no hoses or relays or the pump need attention or replacement.

b) Belt Services - every 30K miles or 3 years average and the 3 years always comes first. $1,500.00 -$2,500.00 depending on what's needed.

c) Major Services - at 15K and 30K miles. If cam seals are leaking at 15K service, the full 30K service is usually done, and that's about $6K.

d) Fluid Changes- every 2 years - brake, F1, and cooling - about $1,200.

So you need to do your homework before you leap to know what you are buying.

Ferrari's are not Porsches or VW's. Average oil change is $350.00 - $450.00.

Just be careful.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:44 AM
wt888 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mod220
I'm now at a point where the purchase price of a 360 is well within my budget, but i'd like to know more about ongoing maintenance and the cost of such services...does anyone have an outline of what a prospective 360 owner should expect? im one to enjoy driving my cars not just parking them in a garage, so id like to know what to expect...thanks in advance.
Suggest you download: http://www.ferrarilife.com/library/guides.php
which will give you a good idea on what is involved.

Last edited by wt888; 11-29-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:32 AM
wt888 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Sleepy996
Are you buying new or pre owned ? If pre owned what year and mileage are you looking for and what type of transmission ?
Have to be pre owned. Ferrari stopped making the 360 in 2004. All 360s are a minimum of 4 years old now and a PPI should be mandatory.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:40 PM
AJ_AZ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gcalo
Maintenance costs will depend initially upon what services were performed on the prospective vehicle and when.

If deferred you could have an $8K-$10K bill as follows:

a) Clutch- F1's require a bit more replacement than 6 speeds- average cost is $5K-$6K assuming no hoses or relays or the pump need attention or replacement.

b) Belt Services - every 30K miles or 3 years average and the 3 years always comes first. $1,500.00 -$2,500.00 depending on what's needed.

c) Major Services - at 15K and 30K miles. If cam seals are leaking at 15K service, the full 30K service is usually done, and that's about $6K.

d) Fluid Changes- every 2 years - brake, F1, and cooling - about $1,200.

So you need to do your homework before you leap to know what you are buying.

Ferrari's are not Porsches or VW's. Average oil change is $350.00 - $450.00.

Just be careful.

would you say the 1999-2000s had an issue with motor mounts? I thought I read that some where, that they can crack.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:34 PM
997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light
I am also contemplating a pre owned F car - hopefully in 09. The 360 repair/maintenance costs estimated above are lower than I had been thinking for some reason. That's good.

Is there a normal or standard number of miles on average that people generally drive their F cars? I keep hearing about lots of super low mileage cars - certainly something I'd be looking to buy. However, I plan on driving it if I get one, not leaving it in the garage.

I have an eclectic stable (06 997 2CS, 05 Viper, 67 Mustang GTA, plus my daily drivers) of cars so my average is a low of 2k miles per year to a high of about 10k miles per year.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
You will find that Ferrari's are not driven as much as other cars for a few reasons. The infrequency makes the car more special when it's driven, the reduced mileage tends to keep some maintenance costs down, and many had previously thought of flipping the cars at a later date and wanted them to be more sale attractive with the lower miles.

Ferrari's need much more maintenance than many other cars especially with timing belts that should be changed every 3 years or 30K miles which ever comes first.

Oil should be changed every year minumum.

No short cuts to maintenance; no rule of thumb to mileage driven.

You have to think of a Ferrari as quite different from the vehicles you own or have owned.

They are great cars but do need to be cared for.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:56 PM
997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light
Points well taken - I was already mentally prepared for a much different maintenance plan based on the things I've read so far and the owners I've spoken with. It's just a budgeting activity, you can't skip things or delay. When you go to sell, you want to have impeccable service records so you can a) sell the car knowing it was well cared for and b) get top dollar.

In my mind you can't just take the Ferrari out and park it anywhere. Although I've seen that done in London loads. In that way, it's similar to my Viper and 67 Mustang (obviously not in the same league though) in that people tend to want to park near it, get their pictures taken while leaning on it, stupid stuff like that. On the road it's also a pain at times having such a high profile car, people ride right up next to you and while they are either staring/gawking and taking pictures they are drifting into your lane. Man that drives me crazy sometimes if there is no easy escape route.

So I think I have some pretty realistic expectations going in. I've wanted one for years and hopefully this is the year for it to happen.

Thanks for your input.

Originally Posted by Gcalo
You will find that Ferrari's are not driven as much as other cars for a few reasons. The infrequency makes the car more special when it's driven, the reduced mileage tends to keep some maintenance costs down, and many had previously thought of flipping the cars at a later date and wanted them to be more sale attractive with the lower miles.

Ferrari's need much more maintenance than many other cars especially with timing belts that should be changed every 3 years or 30K miles which ever comes first.

Oil should be changed every year minumum.

No short cuts to maintenance; no rule of thumb to mileage driven.

You have to think of a Ferrari as quite different from the vehicles you own or have owned.

They are great cars but do need to be cared for.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:54 PM
pod
pod is on a distinguished road
PPI for sure. alot of hidden goodies you might find

I was dissapointed in my 360 and am trading it in on whatever I find. I have only owned since spring. the biggest let down was power / service costs.