Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

got a scud - a few pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Banned
Justin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really nice
Great color combination peloton! You wouldn't happen to be Cal Tech alumni? If you're worried about the Carrera GT out-accelerating your Scuderia, we have a 717hp twin-supercharger package that will put her in her place. Here's an engine bay shot:

Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
sexy

Old 02-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Benzoboi will become famous soon enoughBenzoboi will become famous soon enough
drool

Old 02-03-2009, 06:46 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Isn't it obvious from this car that NOONE can touch the customization of Ferrari. I'm a big Porsche guy, love em to the end, but when it comes to production, etc., Ferrari is hands down "the deal".....No doubt. Unbelievable doesn't describe this car, no matter whether you like or dislike the color combo.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Doc_Porsche will become famous soon enoughDoc_Porsche will become famous soon enough
i like it....

Old 02-06-2009, 02:22 AM
peloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ekam
F40, Scud and CGT? Goddamn...
Yup, and I wake up every day feeling grateful to have been able to gather up this little gaggle of cars. The GT3RS isn't too shabby either.

And feeling humble about my lack of driving skills too...did my first track day with the Scud last Saturday and boy was I slow, everybody in C (advanced) group was blowing right past me. The fine instructor who rode with me and knows me well kept barking at me in the corners "More gas! More Gas! Turn in! Turn in!". I just wimped out and could not get my hands to move or my right foot to move and just coasted through, did not even get the rear tires warmed up and it was a 71 degree temperature day.

Well, at least I kept it rubber side down. The only part of me that got tired was my left arm from having to keep sticking it out the window to give point-by's to all the cars coming up behind me.

I've driven a lot of different cars on the track and the Scud is by far the most capable and the most stable - easy to rotate, forgiving of snap throttle oversteer on corner entry, lots of electronic diff intervention in Race mode but totally un-intrusive, unimpeachable brakes, and a real weapon for somebody who knows what they're doing...clearly I don't qualify, and though I was slow, it sure was fun!

But I guess it's a place to work from...

Old 02-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Banned
Justin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really nice
You'll get on the ball soon enough. It was your fist time tracking it. No matter how much seat time you've had on the course, you still have to get use to the way the Scuderia handles. It's a lot less forgiving that some of it's competitors (i.e. the Superleggera). But once you can get comfortable pushing her to the limit, it is blinding fast. I'm just glad to hear she's not collecting dust on display in a garage. They're built to drive...hard. Otherwise, there's no point for carbon ceramic brakes and a 300lb. weight loss program! Let me know how your next outting goes.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
My favorite color combination since 1999, for the 360 to the F430

Old 02-07-2009, 09:45 AM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
I know the Scud is awesome, but the F40 has got to give you the best thrill right?

Old 02-07-2009, 02:19 PM
peloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ekam
I know the Scud is awesome, but the F40 has got to give you the best thrill right?
Gee, it depends on how you define "thrill". The Scud is certainly the faster and much more competent car, especially at speed. But the F40, unlike the Scud, is also a lot of fun to drive slowly, just enjoying the amazing steering feel it posseses and the rawness of it. In addition to being more fun when going slow, the F40's transition to boost when the turbos kick in is a special feeling - much more in your face than say a 997TT. Not faster, but it does like to slap you around...

Old 02-07-2009, 02:25 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
You definitely have a lot of fun toys to play with. How do you decide which one to drive every morning? Besides hp, how does the Scud feel on the track vs. the RS?

Last edited by ///M Kevin; 02-07-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
You definitely have a lot of fun toys to play with. How do you decide which one to drive every morning?
Same as you, I suppose: I pick the one I haven't driven most recently. a constant rotation seems to work pretty well - musical cars instead of musical chairs. Can't let these puppies sit around, you know.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:49 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by peloton
Same as you, I suppose: I pick the one I haven't driven most recently. a constant rotation seems to work pretty well - musical cars instead of musical chairs. Can't let these puppies sit around, you know.

My choices and options are not anywhere near yours.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:01 PM
lvrs is on a distinguished road
Nice color combo, very different. dream stable too.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
The color combination is awful. Yellow/tan doesn't go with the beautiful dark and deep Pozzi blue. The interior should've been crema and the calipers regular silver with regular aluminum wheels.

Great pictures though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got a scud - a few pics