Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

DBS/DB9 vs. F430 vs. R8 vs. Gallardo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 02:23 PM
tuninigcraft is on a distinguished road
May be , how $30 handels poor road surface conditions? wet and cold road?
G available also with manual g-box.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Flu
Flu is on a distinguished road
wet roads conditions? forget about driving the 430 fast...just not gonna happen. especially if compared to the G's rain driving abilities

Old 07-21-2009, 02:47 AM
BTurk is on a distinguished road
F430 hands down!

Old 07-23-2009, 06:36 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
There is NOTHING like a ferrari.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:55 PM
irvineboy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WyattH
We can't answer this.
Drive them both and then decide.

I don't really care for the DB9. It is beautiful, luxurious, and a great tourer... But that is it. The DBS is breath-taking, has more power mated to a 6MT, and a nicer interior. Worth the upgrade? Maybe; I would not consider a DB9.
The F430 is a different animal. More visceral, faster, agile, louder, eye-catching, etc. Can you drive it daily? Yes, people do. But it can be a handful.
Actually, the R8 sounds like the best bet for you since it seems to blend the F430 with the DB9 the best. Too bad you aren't fond of it's looks. I think it's gorgeous.
The Gallardo is basically an R8.. but a little sportier. Also a great choice if you don't like the R8's looks.
I have never driven a DBS before. Only a Vantage, which actually felt sportier than I thought it was going to be. Does a DBS driven differently or feel differently?

Old 03-02-2013, 11:12 PM
groutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jyeh74
I have never driven a DBS before. Only a Vantage, which actually felt sportier than I thought it was going to be. Does a DBS driven differently or feel differently?
The DBS is a great grand tourer, but if you're looking for something sportier get the V12 vantage. It's alot closer to a 430 in performance, but has that same sense of occasion that you only get in an Aston.
I was in the same dilemma deciding between the F430 scud, R8 GT, Gallardo, and the DBS.
The looks of the R8 just wasn't for me (inside it felt too much like my wifes VW), and the Gallardo was just too much of an attention hound. The scud was a missile and was an awesome performance machine, but it was just a little much for anything but performance driving. The DBS was a wonderful touring car, but it did feel a little heavy and not quite as sport oriented as I prefer.
When I finally test drove the V12V, it was almost instantaneous as the car for me. The fact that it was a 6 speed manual was also an added benefit.
No matter what you choose they're all exquisite vehicles, and I'm sure you will be happy (unless your like me, and will be bored after only a couple of years ).