Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Ferraris still untouchable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 07:37 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Old Man
Lamborghini of Chicago sent me an email asking if I was interested in a 458 black with tan so they are available. To be candid, twice my wife and I tried to buy a F430 from the local (Tampa) dealer and twice were turned off by their total lack of interest even though both times we were looking a specific cars on the showroom floor. We currently have two 997 Porsches and just ordered a Cayenne as we need the ability to car things home from the store but the local Porsche dealer treats us like royalty.
I could give two sh*ts about their perceived 'attitude' when it comes to buying my car. Salesmen are worthless - in all trades. Perhaps, in this dealership, they were no longer in denial?

I wish that all existing salesmen spontaneously combusted into a bright star burning above to signify the next generation of knowledgable salesmen arriving that actually KNOW their job, and treat people with respect.

Probably one of the reasons why I enjoyed my purchase so much - the salesmen weren't allowed to talk to me about my car.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Old Man is on a distinguished road
Liking or disliking a salesman does not compensate for dramatic changes in price (increased), lack of response to phone calls, no follow-up to questions, etc. - just plain cavalier attitude. I can call the Porsche dealer and they would have a car for me to test drive with my wife at my house in an hour. If I wanted something special, they would get me an answer immediately and when it needed service, they sent a trailer to the house at no charge for warrantee work - on the trailer was a new VW CC for us to use while the Turbo was in the shop overnight. I could just imagine getting service from the Tampa Ferrari store.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:04 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Old Man
Liking or disliking a salesman does not compensate for dramatic changes in price (increased), lack of response to phone calls, no follow-up to questions, etc. - just plain cavalier attitude. I can call the Porsche dealer and they would have a car for me to test drive with my wife at my house in an hour. If I wanted something special, they would get me an answer immediately and when it needed service, they sent a trailer to the house at no charge for warrantee work - on the trailer was a new VW CC for us to use while the Turbo was in the shop overnight. I could just imagine getting service from the Tampa Ferrari store.
Ahhhh... Well, service (generally) has little to do with sales (purchase usually being different than ownership).

One of the reasons I probably have never had a negative experience about this is - because I never asked a salesmen questions I don't already the answer to, and I never call and leave a message for anybody with the expectation of a return phone call. Usually, I just appear when it's convenient for me.

As far as changing the price. I'm out. There is always another dealer willing to sell it for less. Unfortunately, in that particular market, these dealerships aren't always down the street from one another, and may require a few minutes on the internet looking up another location, and perhaps some long distance negotiations (also not a fan, because I'd be talking to a salesman).

Old 07-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Old Man is on a distinguished road
It just is crummy getting all worked up about a particular car at a particular price and agreeing to the trade-in just to be ignored and have the price jacked up after you already have considered the financing, insurance, etc. The closest dealer to Tampa is in Orlando and both are the same company. Otherwise, the East Coast is the next closest and I am looking at 250 miles.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:29 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
****ty sales people make the good ones stand out

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I could give two sh*ts about their perceived 'attitude' when it comes to buying my car. Salesmen are worthless - in all trades. Perhaps, in this dealership, they were no longer in denial?

I wish that all existing salesmen spontaneously combusted into a bright star burning above to signify the next generation of knowledgable salesmen arriving that actually KNOW their job, and treat people with respect.

Probably one of the reasons why I enjoyed my purchase so much - the salesmen weren't allowed to talk to me about my car.
I'm in sales and honestly my competition make my job so much easier

Old 07-24-2010, 01:15 PM
GoingGreen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
I'm not sure how much a mid-range Lexus sells for in your neck of the woods, but last time I checked (which was recently since I just looked at buying a 360 or 430), you're looking at about $100k+ for a 360 and $130k+ for a 430.

You can find a few 360s for under $100k in the $85k price range at the least. Still not a mid-range Lexus.
They can be down in high 50's. I saw an early high mileage yellow modena sell the other day for $58k. It was immaculate clean title california car, but was just actually enjoyed.

I'm not sure where your looking but in califonia between the bay and la there ae lots of them. I mean come on. MSRP on a 360 in 99 was 135-160k. 07 E60 M5's were 110k when new. Now there in the high 30's. Which they aren't a collector car but they are also a lot newer and have depriated faster. So if you try to play the numbers game with depriation % over yrs. Its about right. Everyone will of course list the car high but they do sell in the high 50's

Old 07-24-2010, 04:17 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
jasper
i find your comment very offense
i use to be a car salesman for about 5 years. i went from audi to selling exotics.
i was an honest salesperson, as were the people i worked with. we treated customers with respect.
i wish i would have met you when you purchased your car, so that i could rape you blindly with the biggest grin on my face, and trust me it would have happened.
sales people are hard working folks who put up with ignorant people like you. i see your type occasionally, and honestly i pity you.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:44 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
Its kinda of funny to complain about him being offensive

Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
jasper
i use to be a car salesman for about 5 years. i went from audi to selling exotics.
i was an honest salesperson, as were the people i worked with. we treated customers with respect.
i wish i would have met you when you purchased your car, so that i could rape you blindly with the biggest grin on my face, and trust me it would have happened.
sales people are hard working folks who put up with ignorant people like you. i see your type occasionally, and honestly i pity you.
Than saying what you said in your last two sentences. I agree that it is silly to make a blanket statement that all sales people suck in all trades. Actually the more I think about it, its a pretty dumb statement to have made, but to say what you said was much more offensive than what he said. I'm sure we have all run into our share of crappy sales people, I know I have and there is always the other side of the coin, the crappy end use, but that's just life.

Rant over

Old 07-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
jasper

WOW! I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Thanks. You proved my point. Keep up the good work.

If I provide you an opportunity do so, I deserve it. This is the difference between an informed customer, and somebody who trusts salesmen.

Don't get me wrong. There is your 10% in every industry, every profession.

* edit: tourbillion - Classic! Your "competition makes your job easier..."

Last edited by jaspergtr; 07-24-2010 at 08:13 PM.