Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Being able to own a Ferrari

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mdc
I buy them in 1/18 and 1/12 scale ; }, pay with cash.
Yeah, the insurance is a lot cheaper that way, too.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:02 AM
RioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mdc
I buy them in 1/18 and 1/12 scale ; }, pay with cash.
Ha this one's very funny as I've done the same. Have few Pcars and Lambos in my collection Maisto brand. I only have a used 3 Series Bimmer and with my job I'll never be rich enough to afford the toys I truely want.
I like my job and I enjoy doing it for the past 13 years and relatively stress free.

I love Porsches but my priorities right now are everything else. Fortunately I've been very very blessed and have friends who own cars like the ones in here. Although I don't get to drive them I still get to enjoy them because of my friends. If you guys are reading this Thank You very much for everything as you've no idea how much you've blessed me.

A deep sincere Thank You for everyone who has given input on here. I've spent lots of time reading this thread and nice to have your input.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RioGrandeValley
I only have a used 3 Series Bimmer and with my job I'll never be rich enough to afford the toys I truely want.
I like my job and I enjoy doing it for the past 13 years and relatively stress free.
If that makes you happy then it's all good. Life isn't all about fast cars and big money. I rather have a stress free and healthy life then all the money in the world. I come from a family of entrepreneurs, my mom always gives me crap about working for corporate America. But I tell her I am fortunate to make enough to live comfortably, a Porsche, a benz, a nice house, couple of DD's, six weeks of vacation, stress free life, and I still have all my hair. lol Mom do you get that? Yes, I can make more owning my own business or work for a different company. But I am content and that is all that matters.

Last edited by Ynot; 12-07-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:43 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ynot
6 six weeks of vacation,.
nice

That's what makes America so great; to each his own, I could never work for somebody, self employed and thrive on the opportunities and the reward is just a reminder of what you've done...

Old 12-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
nice

That's what makes America so great; to each his own, I could never work for somebody, self employed and thrive on the opportunities and the reward is just a reminder of what you've done...
My parents say the same thing, trust me I know and many times I say fock it, I'm starting my own business but just too much work and not all businesses will succeed. I've read a Time's magazine article long time ago saying 80% of millionaires are entrepreneurs. I'm not saying I will never own a business, just not right now.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:42 AM
MartinF will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Ynot
But I tell her I am fortunate to make enough to live comfortably, a Porsche, a benz, a nice house, couple of DD's, six weeks of vacation, stress free life, and I still have all my hair.
nice car, nice house and nice wife, congrats!

Last edited by MartinF; 12-07-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by MartinF
nice car, nice house and nice wife, congrats!
DD = Daily drivers but you knew that but yes the wife is nice as well

Old 12-07-2010, 01:39 PM
omarisramo is on a distinguished road
This thread has helped me alot, even though i still have an ample amount of questions. So let me start off by saying as a 20 year old full time student and part owner of a family business, i do feel successful. Priorities is what i've been always told to take care of first. School is paid by me 100% and i bought a MB G500 last year and planning on either purchasing my next car or builiding it my self.(LSx FD RX7)

Reading what you guys wrote is very admiring and respectful and very helpful. Unlike most people i know, I do not measure success by the cars i drive or anybody else drives, i measure success by the amount of respect one is given through ones lifetime. I would like to be comfortable before i buy a F car or even a P car. Being so young, i admitting that i know i will make bad finical decisions as great ones. With that being said, my career i want to pursue wont be paying the most, but i feel that i will be comfortable and planning to live a stress free life, unlike now where i work 60+ hours on top of being a full time student. They say hard work pays off, but experience is key, along with it isn't what you know, it's who you know.

Being in my 20's I really want to party with my friends, go on vacation all the time and just bang girls. I know i'm better then that though. I would like to be able to retire early even lol. My motto is Time is off the essence, and that i'd rather have time than money.So if anybody has anymore information about investments and whatever it takes, please let me know. I would like to prove a lot of people wrong. Thank you

Last edited by omarisramo; 12-07-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:42 PM
tattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura about
whats with the wondering and mistery ?

To own a ferrari you need to be able to afford it.

Dreaming is one thing, generating money is the reality.

wich one do you prefer ?

Old 12-08-2010, 11:48 AM
GENERAL LEE is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by omarisramo

Being in my 20's I really want to party with my friends, go on vacation all the time and just bang girls. I know i'm better then that though.

I would like to be able to retire early even lol.
I've got a friend that went that route during high school, & after. He's still working his *** off, for someone else.

You're 20 years old, and SHOULD go party with your friends & "safely" bang hot girls as much as possible. Just don't knock up some chick, because that WILL screw up your goals at your age.

Chances are, you won't even be doing what you think you'll be doing in 5 years. You only get to be this age once, so don't waste it by thinking you shouldn't have any fun. Basic common sense should tell you when to party, & when to bear down on your work.

If anything else, consider the vacations & fun with your friends part of your education. You'll need to know how to have a good time when you start taking clients out for dinner, parties, vacations, etc. A big part of getting the deal done, is making your clients enjoy being around you.

Oh, and learn to play golf...well. Lots of big money deals have been made on the course, or at the 19th Hole.

Last edited by GENERAL LEE; 12-08-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:12 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I like to say "Do what you want to do today, because you could wake up dead tomorrow."

I live life that way every day. It's resulted in some bad decisions, but a hell of a lot of fun!

Old 12-09-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm leaning on going somewhere for winter break. I'll have then lol. As for golf clubs, I have 2 sets in my shed. I haven't seen a golf course in God knows how long.

I think if i am going to be getting a Ferrari it will be probably around the age of 30. I think im pretty optimistic but i know i will succeed, its just a matter of time and networking. I really want to spread my name out across, and in this world its not what you know, its who you know.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:18 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
and in this world its not what you know, its who you know.
That's what all the investor's said about Bernie Madoff

Old 12-09-2010, 11:20 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I think if i am going to be getting a Ferrari it will be probably around the age of 30. I think im pretty optimistic but i know i will succeed, its just a matter of time and networking.
You're forgetting the most important variable: Whether you have a wife and/or kids at that point. If you have either, forget about the Ferrari.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Bernie Madoff along with al-windy are one of the smarted people ever lol

As for getting married with kids. I don't see anything happening in my near future. But if or when it does. I'll have to keep my priorities straight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Being able to own a Ferrari