Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

difference between lambo owner and ferrari owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:02 AM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
difference between lambo owner and ferrari owner

this was just posted in the lambo section, figured I would help the OP out and post it over here too, so he can see it from both sides.

he did not mention whether he owned either.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:43 AM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
versace shirts, gold chains, and chest hair. :P

Old 12-13-2010, 10:57 AM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
I totally grew up beliving this

but I'm not sure it applies anymore. There are so few lambo owners where I live its hard to tell but the guys I know are young and gold was never in for us LOL

I have how ever noticed lambo guys tend to not worry about miles as much as Ferrari owners. Do you guys find any truth to this

Old 12-13-2010, 01:11 PM
vdavie is on a distinguished road
None

I have had a 355, 360 Spyder and 6.0 Lambo and now a 07 Gallardo Spyder..i'm pretty sure i'm the same, i look the same in the mirror.

Vince

Old 12-13-2010, 02:17 PM
I tend to agree with you

Originally Posted by vdavie
I have had a 355, 360 Spyder and 6.0 Lambo and now a 07 Gallardo Spyder..i'm pretty sure i'm the same, i look the same in the mirror.

Vince
I'm a lambo owner now but don't have any reason why I would not buy a ferrari.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:24 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
I am a new Lambo owner. I have yet to develop a profile on Lambo owners in general since I have only met one so far. I am guessing Lambo owners enjoy power. Where as Ferrari owners enjoy finesse? Maybe a generalization.

Lambo vs Ferrari is kind of like Viper vs Corvette.

Last edited by djantlive; 12-13-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:36 PM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
yeah. every brand has a "reputation", but in reality, I doubt it holds much water. I've owned a ferrari, and while I haven't owned a Lamborghini, if they make a car for track enthusiast, I could see myself owning one. Not a big fan of AWD, so other than the balboni, they don't have anything that interests me right now.

Reality is that both lines have cool unassuming owners as well as dbags that bought the cars to impress people...

Old 12-13-2010, 04:54 PM
mgent is on a distinguished road
per the mileage comment above, I have noticed that used-Lambo's do tend to have more miles on average. Re-sale pricing also tends to be very different, which may impact mileage driven - or is it the other way around?

I tend to think Lambo owners are younger and a bit flashier, but that is based on nothing.

I do not own either car.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:12 PM
MK4lowIRA will become famous soon enoughMK4lowIRA will become famous soon enough
I think that Lambo's are flashier, I had the privilege to drive a 2011 LP560-4 today, Verde Ithaca in color, and it was fun, but I think the AWD hampered the acceleration a little, and the steering felt a bit heavy. I am comparing it to a 458, which is similar in power, but not much else. Ferrari owners usually seem to be more into motorsports than Lambo guys.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:40 PM
ASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the rough
I don't own either, but I would comment based on what I see

Lambo guys are usually more into driving the car around rather than having them as garage queens

Ferrari guys are more into motorsports

and the lambo guys are younger on average, I think

I would love to own an exotic one day, when I can TRULY afford one and not push myself around to pay for it. When that happens, I wouldn't mind to own either, but I think I love the feel of driving a lambo a little more.

-AJ

Old 12-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Banned
artlu will become famous soon enough
Heritage

For me, it comes down to Heritage. Lambo is now owned by VW, which owns Audi, and recently Porsche just to name a few. If I wanted to own a VW, i'd go for an R8. If I want a supercar, I will own an Aston or a Ferrari, which I have. That being said, Lambos are great cars, but whenever I see one, I don't see an Italian Stallion anymore. Instead, I see a bunch of germans with halloween costumes on...

Old 12-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by artlu
For me, it comes down to Heritage. Lambo is now owned by VW, which owns Audi, and recently Porsche just to name a few. If I wanted to own a VW, i'd go for an R8. If I want a supercar, I will own an Aston or a Ferrari, which I have. That being said, Lambos are great cars, but whenever I see one, I don't see an Italian Stallion anymore. Instead, I see a bunch of germans with halloween costumes on...

I kind of agree with this statement. But then I think what did the germans change? Better ergonomics, more reliability, better fit and finish. Its a strange contradiction. I don't want a new lambo (partially because people call them lambos ) because they are no longer exotic, but if you look at the cars they built when they were independant, they were cool, but misrible to own and drive.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Secret Messages is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MK4lowIRA
I think that Lambo's are flashier, I had the privilege to drive a 2011 LP560-4 today, Verde Ithaca in color, and it was fun, but I think the AWD hampered the acceleration a little, and the steering felt a bit heavy. I am comparing it to a 458, which is similar in power, but not much else. Ferrari owners usually seem to be more into motorsports than Lambo guys.
Interesting that you'd suggest this. I don't know whether or not it's true, but the two companies have contrasting histories with regard to motorsports. If I'm not mistaken, Enzo Ferrari placed huge importance in motor racing. In fact, I remember reading that he always regarded his car company as a means to fund racing, not the other way around. Ferrucio Lamborghini, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with racing. Wouldn't it be interesting if the companies' roots have actually influenced the behavior of today's owners?

Old 12-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Secret Messages
. . . he always regarded his car company as a means to fund racing, not the other way around . . .
I'm fairly certain from all I heard and saw including at my factory tour that that is true.

I imagine that there are enough of every type of owner --the gold chain,s serious F1 enthusiasts, the collectors, and just rich jerks -- of every type of car, so that a person could find someone to point to for any theory of ownership they want.

That said, I own my Ferrari mostly because of its racing heritage. Its a good sports car, but much more than I need and I'd actually prefer something a bit more the "gentleman's express," like a DB9 -- but I won't get rid of my F430, ever, because of that heritage.

IMO, Lamborghini has gotten a bit flashier and edgier in the past two decades than Ferrari, and it does not seem to have near the commitment to racing. And from being around both a lot for many years, Ferraris are a bit more "track durable" from the factory, with oil coolers a bit larger, brakes sized (to get hot, and operate well forever when hot, etc.): just every part sized and typed so that, whatever the performance the car has, it can do it all day, every day, no sweat -- whereas Lambos, like Audis and Masers and and Astons and even Porsches (except the GT2) have sollers and brakes like that are engienering and sized for sprints more than duration. (The worst here IMO is BMW, whcih seems to design its cars any more to give great test-stats for magazine articles and little more, but I won't go there).

Still, Lamborghini and Porsche have 4-w drive and Ferrari doesn't (and frankly I think you need it on the street beyond 500 HP). The cars, are ultimately, just different, both good, but in slightly different ways.

Makes the world quite nice, that.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:07 AM
banzai84 is on a distinguished road
Although this is a generalization, it seems to apply where I am from.

Ferrari=old money

Lambo=new money