Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Moving to Houston today...so this is my view for the next 2 hrs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:47 AM
crapking is on a distinguished road
Moving to Houston today...so this is my view for the next 2 hrs

I'm relocating this afternoon...trailer WHAT? I'm driving!

Old 04-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
You probably enjoyed the drive but you have my sympathies about the relocation. I lived in Houston for 20 years:, went to university there (Rice U.) and worked on the 12th floor of of a generic skyscraper box downtown for more than a decade. My sincere hope is to never have to visit Houston again: too hot, too humid, too flat, too unplanned, and too, too much traffic. Housing is a tremendous bargain though, and Texas barbecue is the only type worth eating, and you can sure get good Mexican food there (I'd kill for just a Taco Cabana here in central NC).

Old 04-01-2011, 05:23 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Houston is great. My dad lives there and I actually like it more then DC. Our traffic is the worst. Enjoy it!!!

Old 04-01-2011, 07:32 PM
BBTURBO is on a distinguished road
No good looking passenger to keep you company?

Old 04-01-2011, 09:32 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Houston, ugh....Lee said it best.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:26 AM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lee Willis
You probably enjoyed the drive but you have my sympathies about the relocation. I lived in Houston for 20 years:, went to university there (Rice U.) and worked on the 12th floor of of a generic skyscraper box downtown for more than a decade. My sincere hope is to never have to visit Houston again: too hot, too humid, too flat, too unplanned, and too, too much traffic. Housing is a tremendous bargain though, and Texas barbecue is the only type worth eating, and you can sure get good Mexican food there (I'd kill for just a Taco Cabana here in central NC).
I agree with you on the barbecue. If I ever move out of Texas I better get a smoker and learn how to use it because I think that is the only thing I will really miss. With Mexican you never know where you are going to find a good place. I actually found a great place in a tiny town off of 95 in VA. The place was empty but the food was great.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:56 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
And if you look out the windsheild, in 4 hours you will be at the horizon :-) Enjoy the drive.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:02 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Welcome to HTown. You'll love it, the best car enthusiasts in the world. Don't listen to the haters.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:33 AM
ZFSix is on a distinguished road
Welcome, I really like it here. I live on the north side of Houston and I'll probably never move out of Texas.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:04 PM
slickfrvr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sinKing
I agree with you on the barbecue. If I ever move out of Texas I better get a smoker and learn how to use it because I think that is the only thing I will really miss. With Mexican you never know where you are going to find a good place. I actually found a great place in a tiny town off of 95 in VA. The place was empty but the food was great.
What was the place called?
Address?

Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 PM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slickfrvr
What was the place called?
Address?
I didn't think I would actually be able to answer you but I took a look at this photo from my trip:

...and was able to just barely make out the name on the sign.

A little Googling and matching up where I thought it to be on the map and I found it. Turns out it was off of 85, not 95 though.

Los Bandidos Restaurant
1799 North Mecklenburg Avenue, La Crosse, VA
(434) 447-4408

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...299.86,,0,6.81

I remember the dudes running it were actually Mexican, not just a bunch of gringos.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:28 AM
So far I have really enjoyed Htown. Yes the traffic is not the best but I am excited about the new start up we are doing here and also there is such a HUUUUGE car culture in this city!! I love it!
It almost reminds me of Cali.
And the places to eat are wonderful!!!

Old 04-17-2011, 10:07 AM
dwags is just really nicedwags is just really nicedwags is just really nicedwags is just really nice
houston sucks. the only people who say anything nice about it are the ones that were forced to grow up there. and yeah, i have been all over TX.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by dwags
houston sucks. the only people who say anything nice about it are the ones that were forced to grow up there. and yeah, i have been all over TX.
It's about the dollar for me...lots of business for the industry I'm in. So far I've enjoyed it. All cities have their pros and cons

Old 04-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
That's a beautiful view to have

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Moving to Houston today...so this is my view for the next 2 hrs