Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458
View Poll Results: Which one?
Maserati GTS
0%
Bentley GTC
0%
Aston Martin V8V
40.00%
Ferrari California
60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Need some help with a purchase!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 02:30 AM
Exhaust Note is on a distinguished road
Need some help with a purchase!

Im debating between 4 cars and the money i'm willing to pay peaks out at around 200K. The four cars are: 1. Bentley GTC 2. Maserati GTS 3. Ferrari California 4. Aston Martin V8V

I am aware that this is a Ferrari forum, so I will be posting this in each respective forum so that I can get a broad range of answers from different owners. Thanks again for your input!

p.s. Please no comments saying that the California is a woman's car. I need a comfortable GT car, not a screaming supercar. My business is very image-oriented, and I don't want to look like an arrogant jerk to my clients. Thanks again!

Old 07-18-2013, 03:21 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
I would go either the Aston or the Maser given the four you are looking at. Drove the GTC last summer. Felt like a locomotive. Not so quick off the line, but once it got up to speed would pull like a freight train.

If I was going Ferrari it would be a 458 Italia Spider. Just don't care for the California (or the FF for that matter).

Old 07-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
California! Used to have one... will be the best overall... second choice would be the GTS

Old 07-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
You should get a Ferrari F430 scuderia

Old 07-23-2013, 10:13 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I would get the Ferrari hands down. The Bentley is the only other one I would consider. Have no love for Maserati and AM is just not up to par with the others. 2012 Porsche TTS would also be a great option. If you want Aston then look at a used DBS or the new Virage, they will be at your price point now.
But just get the Ferrari.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:33 AM
onetwo is on a distinguished road
Not the greatest choices.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:38 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Exhaust Note
My business is very image-oriented, and I don't want to look like an arrogant jerk to my clients. Thanks again!
Then get a Lexus lol I say a Porsche Turbo would be the best choice. It's fast, comfortable, and not as flashy. You will look like an arrogant jerk in all the cars you listed.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:34 AM
jehu is on a distinguished road
Business image?

From your list and the purpose for the vehicle I would get the Bentley. A big AMG Benz might be better suited for a business image (and I don't particularly like MB'S).

Old 07-30-2013, 08:00 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ynot
Then get a Lexus lol I say a Porsche Turbo would be the best choice. It's fast, comfortable, and not as flashy. You will look like an arrogant jerk in all the cars you listed.
Indeed!
I don't know how it is in S.Korea, but in the states any of those cars would label you as a an arrogant jerk. If you do Audi, Merc, or Porsche you have great performance while seeming somewhat practical. Again its a different culture with different views so hard to recommend from that standpoint. But purely car recommendation:

comfort, elegance, reliability = bentley
performance, excitement, reliability = ferrari california

the others are not in the same league.

Overall not great choices at all.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:29 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Indeed!
I don't know how it is in S.Korea, but in the states any of those cars would label you as a an arrogant jerk. If you do Audi, Merc, or Porsche you have great performance while seeming somewhat practical. Again its a different culture with different views so hard to recommend from that standpoint....

Overall not great choices at all.
+1.

I've been disqualified regarding the California reference. I'm willing to bet money I'm not as small as a minority as some may think. If your business image is remotely important, I'd take into account what others may perceive.

I agree with the others, regarding other choices that appear less ostentatious. May I recommend the C63? Audi R8 (still a bit much) or S5? The Aston is beautifully understated (conservative beauty, with enough rumble to make it adequately fast), and might even save you about half of your expected purchase.

I think the Bentley GTC is the most appropriate, given your choices, and criteria.