Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Videos of trip through Italy in 360 Spider

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
How much was it to ship the car?

Old 04-24-2006, 07:42 PM
vtgts300kw will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Shawn C
How much was it to ship the car?

"You will have to take care of your own shipping home. Air freight for a 360/430 from Modena to LAX is about $6K incl. insurance."

Old 04-24-2006, 08:13 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
I showed this to the wifey and she's now horny as hell to do this!

I'm feeling the same way. What a blast!

Old 04-24-2006, 10:16 PM
trybaljedi is on a distinguished road
you *****es, Im so envious.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:51 AM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Here is the car back home in the garage with all its brothers and sisters:

Old 04-25-2006, 03:36 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Stunning car. You gotta love the italian roads! Did you drive anything up in the mountains?

Old 04-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Stunning car. You gotta love the italian roads! Did you drive anything up in the mountains?
No two lane mountain road driving in the alps this time because of the snow we ran into. We did that last summer in a 545. Maybe it was two years ago. I hope to be able to take a 430 up the alps from Como to St. Moritz this summer.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Banned
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...t=9f6df7b3.flv

Last edited by BlackBear; 05-08-2006 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
LOL

"One forty, One Fifty.... One 165... Hey, got a tunnel coming up!" *slows down, downshifts, enters tunnel, lights up the gas*

Too funny. Nice video.

Old 04-26-2006, 05:40 AM
Mike S will become famous soon enoughMike S will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BlackBear
You got a long list of very respectable automobiles to your name. Next time you buy one of those German or Italian beasts resist the urge of buying it off the showroom floor and and order it European Delivery. Porsche, BMW, Mercedes are very easy to do - you just drop off the car in one of many European cities and they take care of the rest for you. Then you wait about six weeks and pick it up from your dealer.

Ferrari does not have a program per se but will do it. You will have to take care of your own shipping home. Air freight for a 360/430 from Modena to LAX is about $6K incl. insurance. I'll pick up a 430 from Maranello this fall.

I have picked up three cars in Europe during the past five years and gotten over 2,000 miles of the greatest driving every time. Once the cars arrive in CA I always wish I had left them in Europe to visit them every three months or so.

The best driving is definetly in Italy. There is a speed limit but there is very little enforcement. Germany's Autobahn system is too crowded and most parts do have a speed limit these days. There are a few good stretches nonetheless.

Stay away from France. Speedlimit and lots of enforcement. Cops will stop you and demand the fine be paid on the spot. They even take AmEx. Fines are high - about 400 Euros for a lousy 20Km over the limit.
Thanks BlackBear! That is actually a very good idea, although I would need to find the time in my schedule to have these long holidays. The cars here are RHD, would that not present a problem driving in LHD orientated countries?

Old 04-26-2006, 02:48 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mike S
Thanks BlackBear! That is actually a very good idea, although I would need to find the time in my schedule to have these long holidays. The cars here are RHD, would that not present a problem driving in LHD orientated countries?
You'd get used to it pretty quick. I've driven in UK and New Zealand a few times and I get acclimated pretty quickly. You'd have no problems.

Old 04-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mike S
The first five minutes I was pretty freaked out driving in London's rush-hour traffic. Once I was on the "Motorway" all was good and I started having fun.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is on a distinguished road
Awsome videos, that is pretty neat. Shippng your car to Italy, I always get bent out of shape when I have to drive "rental" cars when im on vacation I would love to bring my own car.

BTW, if you have some time, post these videos on exotiXboard