Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Videos of trip through Italy in 360 Spider

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Videos of trip through Italy in 360 Spider

Below are links to some videos of my drive from London to Nice in a white 360 Spider.

For you guys in the UK, the registration plate S99 FER is for sale. Should be great for those of you who have a 599 GTB coming in. Highest offer so far is 5K.

Italy was the most fun with all the tunnels and turns. The best Autostrada is the A26 from somewhere around Parma to Genova. Light traffic, six lanes, and lots of turns & tunnels. The first video is the A26.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v90/oruehr/?action=view&current=Modena2GenovaA26.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v90/oruehr/?action=view&current=8043a235.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v90/oruehr/?action=view&current=aa58c94f.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v90/oruehr/?action=view&current=5e6f1f81.flv

Attached Images   

Last edited by BlackBear; 04-24-2006 at 02:18 AM.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:03 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks for posting.

Old 04-23-2006, 06:05 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
What a rush. F1, right?

Old 04-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jamie
What a rush. F1, right?
Yes, F1. I have never driven a six speed. The F1 is great for agressive driving in Europe. I really don't like it as much in LA traffic - too jerky at low throttle. I might order a six speed on the 430.

Is your Spider F1?

Old 04-23-2006, 07:55 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
6 speed.,.,.,.

Old 04-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jamie
6 speed.,.,.,.
Where are you located?

Old 04-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Banned
More Pictures

Old 04-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Banned

Old 04-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Toronto area.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:36 PM
ExtinctM3 has a spectacular aura aboutExtinctM3 has a spectacular aura about
That's so cool. I bet you had a ton of fun. I actually thought about doing the same thing you did. The movies were not Terminator movies, if you know what I mean, but just listening to the exhaust note kept me watching.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Mike S will become famous soon enoughMike S will become famous soon enough
That looks AWESOME! I love Italy, it's a country I am definately going to re-visit in the near future! But to tour through it with such a lovely vehicle! I envy you!

Old 04-24-2006, 01:51 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mike S
That looks AWESOME! I love Italy, it's a country I am definately going to re-visit in the near future! But to tour through it with such a lovely vehicle! I envy you!
You got a long list of very respectable automobiles to your name. Next time you buy one of those German or Italian beasts resist the urge of buying it off the showroom floor and and order it European Delivery. Porsche, BMW, Mercedes are very easy to do - you just drop off the car in one of many European cities and they take care of the rest for you. Then you wait about six weeks and pick it up from your dealer.

Ferrari does not have a program per se but will do it. You will have to take care of your own shipping home. Air freight for a 360/430 from Modena to LAX is about $6K incl. insurance. I'll pick up a 430 from Maranello this fall.

I have picked up three cars in Europe during the past five years and gotten over 2,000 miles of the greatest driving every time. Once the cars arrive in CA I always wish I had left them in Europe to visit them every three months or so.

The best driving is definetly in Italy. There is a speed limit but there is very little enforcement. Germany's Autobahn system is too crowded and most parts do have a speed limit these days. There are a few good stretches nonetheless.

Stay away from France. Speedlimit and lots of enforcement. Cops will stop you and demand the fine be paid on the spot. They even take AmEx. Fines are high - about 400 Euros for a lousy 20Km over the limit.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:55 AM
Banned
In front of the Hotel de Paris in Monaco.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:01 AM
Banned
Ever wondered what it looks like when you ship a car Second Day Air?

Old 04-24-2006, 04:53 AM
Did you buy that? You DICK! I thought you just rented it!

Too cool! Congratulations!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Videos of trip through Italy in 360 Spider